Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • captact
    King of Super Queens!
    • Aug 19, 2007

Has anyone noticed that Wonder Womans uniform isn't from the early comics...no eagle on the chest???? While the others and Yeoman Diana are from the early WW2 stage....???? Am i missing something here????

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

^Wonder Woman's history/continuity is convoluted, sometimes characters like Trevor are killed off and then return. There's a very helpful Wiki entry, "Publication history of Wonder Woman."

DC reintroduced classic WW in '73. For a brief period, her title was set in WWII to jibe with the first TV season, but her JLA appearances and later title were "modern." Traditional elements were added back into title after the show ended:

*WW's eagle breastplate was retired in 1982 when Roy Thomas took over the title. The "WW" breastplate was also incorporated into a marketing tool and updated title logo.

*Trevor has almost always been depicted as a military officer, first in the Army Air Corps and then the Air force. Thusly, the color of his uniform ranged from tan to later, blue-gray or blue.

*Silver Swan was created by Thomas in 1982.

*Diana has had several careers in Man's World: First, as a nurse, which began in the Golden Age. She became an Air Force intelligence office, working with Trevor, in the late '50s reboot with Ross Andru--I think this SI was continued with her 1973 reintroduction. I'm not sure she was ever a Navy yeoman in the comics.

I hope this helps. I think FTC is focusing on versions of characters form '75-85 and relying on Garcia-Lopez' DC style guides.
      Last edited by PNGwynne; Feb 6, '18, 9:20 PM. Reason: SI correction
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Goblin19
        Talkative Member
        • May 2, 2002

I think they're all decent. I will deifinitely get Silver Swan, and maybe Trevor and Diana Prince eventually.

Comment

• jeffbearco
          Persistent Member
          • Mar 27, 2011

I will definitely get WW and Steve Trevor. I don't think it is the sculpt on WW as much as they paint. I think this could easily be fixed with a slightly different paint app.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• lilbrosj66
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 4, 2011

The more I look at the pics, the better Silver Swan's head sculpt gets and the worse WW/Diana's gets. Diana's right eye is WAY off from her left eye, her mouth is crooked and offset AND she has duck lips. It just falls apart the more I look at it. Not sure if a repaint can completely fix all the damage here. It may help but not much. Yikes.

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ Aren't all 3 the same sculpt? They look like it with different paint apps.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• megowgsh
                Customego HoF Curator
                • Nov 19, 2003

Here is an email exchange I had with FTC. I consider this good news...

Q: I am looking forward to your new Wonder Woman line. They all look great. Can you tell me if Steve Trevor is going to include a hat and if Wonder Woman's tiara will be removable? and will both …

A: Hi Austin yes they will be removable but not available for sale separately

I plan on buying two Trevors and using one of the suits for a Thunderbolt Ross custom.

The removable tiara is a cool feature as well imo.
                Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by megowgsh
                  I plan on buying two Trevors and using one of the suits for a Thunderbolt Ross custom.
                  I posted that idea, too in another thread--great minds think alike. I was thinking of using a Commissioner Gordon head for ross, what have you planned?
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• megowgsh
                    Customego HoF Curator
                    • Nov 19, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                    I posted that idea, too in another thread--great minds think alike. I was thinking of using a Commissioner Gordon head for ross, what have you planned?
                    Grandpa Walton
                    Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

Grandpa Walton
                      That's darn near perfect!!
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 4, 2011

Here is an email exchange I had with FTC. I consider this good news...

Q: I am looking forward to your new Wonder Woman line. They all look great. Can you tell me if Steve Trevor is going to include a hat and if Wonder Woman's tiara will be removable? and will both …

A: Hi Austin yes they will be removable but not available for sale separately

The removable tiara is a cool feature as well imo.
                        While I am happy with the removable tiara, that feature won't help the crooked eyes and duck lips.

Comment

• bobbybeige
                          • Jun 9, 2013

The Steve Trevor sculpt is the same as the Jimmy Olsen sculpt

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

Upon comparison, I believe you're mistaken.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                              Upon comparison, I believe you're mistaken.
                              I thought that too till I actually looked at Jimmy. Different expression and hair.

Comment

• Remco Monster
                                GLOWS in the Dark!
                                • May 3, 2006

YIKES! They REALLY need better head sculptors.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎