• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lilbrosj66
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 4, 2011

New Wonder Woman

Hmmm...Not sure about the heads.

I'll be honest. After this long of a wait, I was expecting better sculpts. Crooked eyes. Lantern jaw. RBF. Those eyebrows are really throwing me off. I am liking Silver Swan's costume.

And haven't we seen that Steve Trevor head sculpt somewhere else?

b31c1f3b-8eb0-4ea9-9251-008ffeefb29a.jpg

1fb6f810-ce0d-40a1-8697-45004084b81c.jpg
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

I have to agree; I was hoping for better head sculpts... maybe not expecting.

Steve Trevor does look familiar. I like it, but the eyebrows on all the figures are funky.

Comment

• The Re-Rooter
      Veteran Member
      • Jul 13, 2016

Almost feels like they are trying to hard.
      Mego Girls have a lot of simplicity to their faces so I feel it just clashes for the scale.

-Diana

Comment

• rodkeith
        Veteran Member
        • Mar 16, 2008

These are the same pix we'd already seen from a while ago. So, as always, who knows if they will still look like this until we actually have them in hand.

On the plus side, this is the last wave of all those that had been promised years ago (2015?) but stuck in the pipeline. After this, it's pretty much all new, unseen stuff. Makes me happy to see they're finally on the way!

Comment

• darkbros
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 3, 2012

How LAZY! Diana Prince, Wonder Woman and Silver Swan all have the same heads, just different rooted hair.
          At this point They could have used the IG head for Silver Swan and had a better figure.

Steve Trevor reminds me of their Korak sculpt, but its not the same head.
          Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
          https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------
          "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

I'm buying Prince, Swan and Trevor, but very likely switching out the heads. Swan's=ecchhh

But I will say also: Typically nice soft goods. Trevor's uniform would make a good Thunderbolt Ross by adding a Gordon head.
            Last edited by PNGwynne; Feb 2, '18, 7:30 PM.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by TRDouble
              but the eyebrows on all the figures are funky.
              On very many FTC releases. It has the odd effect of making the males look fey and the gals look like drag queens.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• drogge
                Career Member
                • Jul 24, 2009

The black eyebrows with blond hair is throwing off the Steve Trevor figure. It seems the head sculpts are produced without consideration on how it will look when placed on the body. The same way with the costumes. Everything looks slightly disjointed. However, with that said, the figures do seem to grow on you. I am developing a fondness for some of the figures I originally found fault with, like Poison Ivy and Sapphire. I am really digging the cape. I do hope there are some variants. I really hope they produce Circe and rooted hair Cheeta.
                Last edited by drogge; Feb 2, '18, 7:53 PM. Reason: Add more

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

The Trevor head reminds me of Ross Andru's WW art, eyebrows and all. But that WW head, yecchh.
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• huedell
                    Museum Ball Eater
                    • Dec 31, 2003

Looking forward to owning a Steve Trevor Mego.... that said, I still haven't bought the Daily Planet staff yet.

Some day soon!
                    "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• SWDAVE
                      • May 31, 2017

WW is sure ugly! Easy pass on all of these. The heads are not very proportional to the bodies. Ugh.

Comment

• TrekStar
                        Trek or Treat
                        • Jan 20, 2011

I actually like how Wonder Woman came out, not so much the rest, Swan is okay and Trevor disguised as Aquaman
                        not very original, but nice outfit.

If you going to use the same head for Diana at least give her some eyeglasses.

Comment

• BATMAN89
                          Mego obsessed!!!
                          • Jul 20, 2010

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                          The Trevor head reminds me of Ross Andru's WW art, eyebrows and all. But that WW head, yecchh.
                          I agree about WW.
                          Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
                          My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• hedrap
                            Permanent Member
                            • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                            On very many FTC releases. It has the odd effect of making the males look fey and the gals look like drag queens.

It sorta works as Diana.

Comment

• The Bat
                              Batman Fanatic
                              • Jul 14, 2002

Yeah...not lovin' that head sculpt on WW...definite pass for me as well...
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎