X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • J.B.
    Guild Navigator
    • Jun 23, 2010

Originally posted by Mikey
    If I was Columbo i'd be big-time hounding Christopher Walken .....

Don't think Walken did anything, but he knows more than he's telling
    "Hey Mikey, let's get one thing straight: Only RJ and his little dinghy know what happened that night. Ok? You leave me out of this. I know where you live, punk."

You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
      Museum Paramedic
      • Aug 31, 2005

Wagner was involved or, at the least, he was complicit.

The first time she divorced him, she caught hi. Having sex with another man, according to her. When she got back with him years later, her family was shocked. She told her sister that the devil you know is better than the devil you don’t.

PS. Look up Natalie Wood and Kirk Douglas

- Ian
      Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• starsky
        veteran member
        • Aug 26, 2007

even the captain on the boat, dennis davern, has his version of the night of the drowning.

Comment

• enyawd72
          Maker of Monsters!
          • Oct 1, 2009

I don't know...after watching this latest special, I still don't think she was murdered. It's pretty obvious they were all falling down drunk. I think she fell overboard in a stupor and that was it. Wagner and the Captain were so out of it they didn't know or care, and they probably tried to cover their behinds later. The fact that the Captain sold his version of the story to a tabloid for profit much later after the fact makes him lose all credibility as far as I'm concerned. And I think the current detectives are simply out to make a name for themselves by "solving" a high profile Hollywood case.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
            Museum Paramedic
            • Aug 31, 2005

^ I absolutely disagree.

- Ian
            Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• enyawd72
              Maker of Monsters!
              • Oct 1, 2009

^That's okay...there's another huge problem I have with the entire thing. If Wagner was so enraged he was willing to murder someone, wouldn't he have killed Walken, whom he allegedly despised from the moment they met and not his wife, whom he loved?

No matter which of us is right, they'll never solve it at this point, so they might as well drop it and stop wasting time on it. There's no way they will ever be able to prove Wagner deliberately killed her. Wagner is also 88 years old, and probably ain't gonna be around much longer.

Comment

• huedell
                Museum Ball Eater
                • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by enyawd72
                ^That's okay...there's another huge problem I have with the entire thing. If Wagner was so enraged he was willing to murder someone, wouldn't he have killed Walken, whom he allegedly despised from the moment they met and not his wife, whom he loved?
                "Chris! Chris! It was an accident! Let's be cool about this!" or "Chris! Chris! One second we were fighting... then I turned away for a second... turned back... and she was GONE!" etc. etc. etc.

There's no way they will ever be able to prove Wagner deliberately killed her.
                What's "deliberate" got to do with it exactly? I mean in the context of: Deliberate or not, its still murder. Pretty significant charge.
                "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Mikey
                  Verbose Member
                  • Aug 9, 2001

................. If Wagner was so enraged he was willing to murder someone, wouldn't he have killed Walken, whom he allegedly despised ...............
                  I don't think Wagner could take Walken even if Wags was totally sober and Walken was falling down drunk

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by huedell
                    [What's "deliberate" got to do with it exactly? I mean in the context of: Deliberate or not, its still murder. Pretty significant charge.
                    Legally, there're all sorts of homicide--with and without intent--not just murder. Maybe this will end up like another notorious Hollywood death, that of Thomas Ince, and never be solved.
                    Last edited by PNGwynne; Feb 4, '18, 1:01 PM.
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• huedell
                      Museum Ball Eater
                      • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                      Legally, there're all sorts of homicide--with and without intent--not just murder.
                      Hey... back off! That's the point I was trying to make!

Seriously though... that was my point.... a murder charge is a murder charge--- and most of what we're talking about here is felony level to boot.

Maybe this will end up like another notorious Hollywood death, that of Thomas Ince, and never be solved.
                      Maybe.

EDITED TO ADD: After re-reading enyawd72's post... maybe, what he was trying to communicate was that "Hey, even if they get Wagner on charges it'd be impossible to prove it was First Degree." as if to say "Why even bother pursuing ANY charges?"

and, if that was enyawd72's intent... I'd say that, well, murder is a pretty good reason to pursue.... especially a high-profile case.
                      Last edited by huedell; Feb 4, '18, 2:36 PM.
                      "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

Sorry I inappropriately clarified your post to what you really meant.
                        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• J.B.
                          Guild Navigator
                          • Jun 23, 2010

How has Hector not chimed in? Hec, where are ya?
                          You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• enyawd72
                            Maker of Monsters!
                            • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by huedell

What's "deliberate" got to do with it exactly? I mean in the context of: Deliberate or not, its still murder. Pretty significant charge.

According to the detectives working the case, everything. They actually said they needed to prove he deliberately pushed her overboard. If it was an accident, it wasn't illegal for him to stand by and do nothing as she drowned...even if he watched her fall in. They said neither he nor the captain were legally obliged to help her and couldn't be charged.

Comment

• huedell
                              Museum Ball Eater
                              • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                              Sorry I inappropriately clarified your post to what you really meant.

According to the detectives working the case, everything. They actually said they needed to prove he deliberately pushed her overboard. If it was an accident, it wasn't illegal for him to stand by and do nothing as she drowned...even if he watched her fall in. They said neither he nor the captain were legally obliged to help her and couldn't be charged.
                              Ahhhhh.... please excuse that I'm slow on putting these pieces together.

Here's what I have to say regarding this: I can't imagine that she fell in by being really drunk or being very uncoordinated. My belief is that it is likely that, even if it was unintentional, Wagner had SOMETHING to do with Wood going overboard.

And, even then, from what I can see, you are making the point that the ONLY way Wagner could be charged would be if somehow it could be proven/substantiated that not only did Wagner PUSH her but ALSO that Wagner INTENDED her to fall overboard.

If this is so.... then ABSOLUTELY IMHO they should just drop the investigation IMHO----no one's gonna put Wagner down for this at this point---its OVER.

EDITED TO ADD: Does this mean that if you have a wife that you want to murder and who can't swim, that this is your 1-2-3 solution every time?
                              Last edited by huedell; Feb 6, '18, 4:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎