Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BOOM! to release comic adaptation of Rod Serling's original Planet of the Apes script

I really want to read this Apes comic. Looks really awesome!

Images
    ^ I thought so, too. What I saw in the preview pages looked good enough to get me on the hook for a copy.

Images
    Has anyone picked up a copy of this?

Images
    I got it week before last from Amazon. Beautiful looking book on the outside, but I didn't enjoy it nearly as much as I thought I would. I found the interior art to be sort of distracting (just not my cup of tea, though your personal mileage may vary) and I just couldn't get into the story. I guess I'm too much of a purest when it come to PoTA and at least to me, it's really hard to improve upon the greatness of the original movie.

Images
    i got it and was also underwhelmed. really it's not much different from the movie, except the apes have technology

I really enjoyed it, but I had to consciously remind myself a few times while reading to slow down. Both to remember the intent of the project (to bring attention and vision to Sterling's drafts) and break away from the POTA mythos so firmed already established. This book runs at unique speed and employs nuance, some of which I had to revisit to appreciate.

The creators notes and concept drawings in the back were a nice addition bringing light to their creative process in honoring Sterling's great writing, while incorporating the early character designs. Fun; perhaps the first BOOM! Apes project I really liked. Happy to support this effort

I have to get to the comic store and see if they still have this available...

Images
    try amazon. probably cheaper