Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• pmwasson
      Maker
      • Sep 12, 2007

I didn't customize the figures, but I did make my own vehicles for them out of tinker toys
      sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• MRP
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 19, 2016

Circa '81 when I was first getting into D&D, I tried making some D&D inspired customs from my Megos. Threw Green Arrow's outfit and accessories on a Mr. Spock to make an elf. Conan's fur loincloth on a Lizard to make a lizard man, etc. None of them were very good, but it was my first ever attempt to kitbash my toys into something else. I think I destroyed an Iron Man gauntlet try to find some way for it to hold a "toothpick sword" (i.e. one of those sword shaped party toothpicks) to be a gauntlet for a fighter kitbash and tried peeling the sticker off of a Cap shield for a character to use. In retrospect, I probably did more damage to my Megos than anything, but we moved a few months later, and in every move we made, I had to reduce the amount of stuff I had, mostly toys, so my Megos were among those my folks purged in that move, so I wouldn't have had them after that anyways.

-M
        "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Action Martin
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 30, 2007

Originally posted by Action Martin
          I put Alan Virdon in Mr. Fantastic's costume for an instant Johnny Storm. Then Mr. Fantastic got the POTA Astronaut flight suit with a Star Trek holster (phaser and communitcator), piece of black cloth, and became Nick Fury.
          I didn't get too creative with clothing for my Megos.
          I also stripped down my RC Batman to naked Bruce Wayne. I gave him Robin's shorts and belt and instant Sub-Mariner (minus the ears).
          Scott

Comment

• phil
            Persistent Member
            • May 11, 2007

Originally posted by palitoy
            Question for the day: Did you make childhood Mego customs and if so, who did you make and how?
            When I was 5, I was so desperate for FF mego figures I put Robin's trunks on Mr Spock, the boots killed the illusion. Did you get creative?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22285[/ATTACH]
            I did the exact same thing! I pretended he had rocket boots that enabled him to fly. I always thought the little wings on Namor’s ankles were silly.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎