X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blue Meanie
    Banned
    • Jun 23, 2001

Possible new Bruce Wayne AE angle...

I was going through the Mego stash looking for parts to put together a RC Batman for a potential customer. I found 2 heads that I thought were both RC Batman heads but when I put them side by side I noticed a few things:

1) The one that I know is a RC Batman head, the one that is on the right side of the photo as you are looking at it on the screen, is smaller in height and size and is more solid than the one on the left. I've noticed this before with a Dick Grayson head and RM Robin head about 1 year ago.

2) Also noticed that the one on the right isn't as squishy as the one on the left.

3) The one on the left has a grayish dot, not blue, under it's left eye. This leads me to the new angle:

When were the Alter Egos put out? If they were put out between the transition from Type 1 to type 2 it could explain the gray dot under the left eye and it could explain the squishyness of the head. The gray usually is found to exist with a majority of Type 2 heads. I've never personally seen a type 1 head go gray/zombie. It also can explain the fact that there are a whole lot of Type 2 Shazam heads with no copyright information on the backs of their necks (Peter Parker is basically a Type 2 Shazam head with more defined widows peak and blue eyes) Again, this is just my opinion...but I'd love to hear some others chime in on this. To all of the members that have AE's...I bet the heads on those figures are squishy.

BTW, both of these heads have Copyright info on the backs of their necks...but I think the one on the left is a Bruce Wayne AE head. If I can I will put the heads on a Type 1 body and take pics to see if the head colors are truly different...The one on the left isn't mocha...but it is close:

Here's the other pic of the Dick Grayson I had and posted in a thread:

Last edited by Blue Meanie; Jan 31, '18, 11:48 PM.
  • boss
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 18, 2003

Hmmm. Interesting theory. And as you know, I’m in the market for a Bruce Wayne AE head. ��
    Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• josephcardone
      Persistent Member
      • Jun 10, 2010

That is interesting - thus the mocha color variation that are not standard type 1 or type 2.

I know this may be a bit out there too - but is it possible that Mocha color is a color shift that happened to these particular heads over time.

Comment

• megozilla13
        Persistent Member
        • May 10, 2002

I've had action jackson heads that have had grey spots like the one in your pic.

mikej
        WANTED: Removable Mask ROBIN on Kresge style card

Comment

• hobub
          Ghost of a Dead Indian
          • Jun 18, 2001

I've had those ones (the head from the left side) bought as Removable Cowl Batman figures. As a matter of fact, the first one I bought from a Toyshop auction back in 1996, with footed suit and normal boots looked exactly like that. I believe I still have the Toyshop with the double page ad. I have mentioned in the past that the face paint varies on those and that's what I meant. It was pristine and I paid like 200 for it. Another I got after that from Toyshop was from Barry something who also had full page ads, and the head was painted not like either but more similar eyes to the removable mask robin, and had stirrups and skinny boots. I think there were at least three styles of RCB heads, the two you have pictured and the one I mention.

Like this one here for instance. I believe this to be an earlier head. And should probably have had skinny boots based on how I have received them in the past before all this piece together and customizing took off...

s-l1600.jpg
          (This is a nice figure that ebay user gymrat has up for sale btw, it's not my auction*)
          Last edited by hobub; May 9, '18, 11:27 AM.

Comment

• hobub
            Ghost of a Dead Indian
            • Jun 18, 2001

Originally posted by josephcardone
            That is interesting - thus the mocha color variation that are not standard type 1 or type 2.

I know this may be a bit out there too - but is it possible that Mocha color is a color shift that happened to these particular heads over time.
            I don’t think so on this Joe. It’s not a matter of graying they simply look different than other figures and unless in hand or a good side by side photo like Roberto posted above, hard to explain but they can be dead mint and have this color shift.

Comment

• josephcardone
              Persistent Member
              • Jun 10, 2010

Originally posted by hobub
              I don’t think so on this Joe. It’s not a matter of graying they simply look different than other figures and unless in hand or a good side by side photo like Roberto posted above, hard to explain but they can be dead mint and have this color shift.
              Len - The more I thought about it and looked at them - they are all exactly the same mocha color - the color shift probably would not be a good explanation - LOL - I think your right Len - they are a different

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎