Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Boys/Girls toys you wanted but weren't allowed to collect?

My parents, especially my mom, liked that there were figures of female characters when I was a kid. When I was real small, maybe 3 or 4, they even bought me Barbie, Ken, and a pool when I asked for it. I only played with it a few times, but it had a little BBQ set complete with knives, forks, spoons, and Pepsi bottles and I think that's what largely appealed to me about it.

I also had She-Ra, Bow, the horse, and their version of Orko (a little yellow guy) to go with my MOTU toys. It's interesting that above the demographics of MOTU were brought up, as my girlfriend has told me how not only was she into it, but her younger sister had He-Man, Hordak, and a few others to go with her She-Ra stuff. And she had the Crystal Castle...grrr...thirty-plus-year-old jealousy. ;-)

-J\/\/

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Getting a fuzzy flashback ........

I used to have a weird hand cranked plastic knitting machine.

Resembled an Evil Knievel crank but made crocheted yard tubes ...

Never figured out why anybody would want to make crocheted yarn tubes
    That was called "Knit Magic".

File this under "Weird": Having read this thread on Friday, I was binge watching some episodes from the first season of "Halt and Catch Fire" later in the evening. One of the characters was rummaging around in the garage and there was a "Knit Magic" box sitting on one of the shelves. For some reason it grabbed my attention and I did a pause and rewind to freeze the frame. Never even heard of this toy before reading your post and there it was in a show I was watching just a few hours later. I read the name on the box and could see the toy you had described plain as day.

I snapped a picture while I had it paused. Couldn't get it to show up UN-rotated when I posted it, though.

Knit Magic.jpg
    Last edited by Makernaut; Feb 5, '18 at 4:46 PM. Reason: Added photo

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JWLJN View Post
    It's interesting that above the demographics of MOTU were brought up, as my girlfriend has told me how not only was she into it, but her younger sister had He-Man, Hordak, and a few others to go with her She-Ra stuff.
    That's awesome.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...