• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

New Halloween movie with Jamie Lee Curtis. Direct sequel to the 1978 movie

Ignores all the reboots and sequels.

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Yeah, Danny McBride is doing it.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Iron Mego
      Wake Up Heavy
      • Jan 31, 2010

I'm one of those guys who loves Halloween III. I think I rented that one more than I or II back in the VHS days. Probably saw II more than the first actually, since the original actually scared the poop out of me. I never saw any of the sequels except for H20, which I guess dismissed the previous sequels itself. I'm more than curious about this one, and might even make it to the theatre for it. Hope it does well.
      Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

Not sure why they are skipping Halloween II. I always thought it was a pretty good sequel, and Carpenter was involved in that one.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• sprytel
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 26, 2009

Jamie Lee Curtis has aged so well... I love that she is not afraid to look her age.

Comment

• Iron Mego
            Wake Up Heavy
            • Jan 31, 2010

Glad she's sporting long hair. Never dug the short hair look, even though she's had it forever.
            Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• ODBJBG
              Permanent Member
              • May 15, 2009

There's certainly nothing wrong with Part II. Of course, there's nothing wrong with H20 for that matter (though it probably hasn't aged as well) and H4 is actually quite good too.

I think the whole reason they want to skip Part II is because it introduced the wrinkle that Laurie and Michael are related, thus that's why he's trying to kill her. Whereas in Halloween, he's just killing at random.

Of course, it does beg the question if you're trying to get rid of that particular plot device, why have Laurie Strode back at all?

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by ODBJBG
                Of course, it does beg the question if you're trying to get rid of that particular plot device, why have Laurie Strode back at all?
                She was the main character/hero of the original movie.
                You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Hedji
                  Citizen of Gotham
                  • Nov 17, 2012

So awesome. Plus you get Nick Castle, the original Shape again, and Carpenter is scoring. I saw him on tour in last fall, and that dude can ROCK!

Comment

• Godzilla
                    Permanent Member
                    • Nov 3, 2002

Huh I actually liked H20 alot.
                    Mortui Vivos Docent
                    The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

• great_chandel
                      Veteran Member
                      • Mar 2, 2015

This series is never going to end. Halloween H20 was horrible (and boring). I loved the original Halloween (like most people). The director's cut was fantastic. I enjoyed part 2 because of the supporting cast. Lance Guest and Leo Rossi were early in their respective careers. I also thought it was a funny film. I mean let's get serious! She was in a hospital with a skeleton crew and not one patient in sight. So while it was entertaining, the film was so highly improbable (even for a horror film).

Jamie Lee should have dyed her hair in the new installment. The grey look does not work. Yet, I really can't complain. I loved her in her "scream queen" days! "The Fog" "Prom Night" and "Terror Train" are classics. "Trading Places" and "A Fish Called Wanda" are magnificent films. Yeah, I can over look her hair.................

Comment

• Spawn67
                        Career Member
                        • Aug 14, 2009

Why would you skip over Halloween 2? Makes no sense but I guess there trying to reboot the series again perhaps?
                        Me I like Halloween 3 the best. I can only hope and pray no one tries to remake that one!

Comment

• Hedji
                          Citizen of Gotham
                          • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by Spawn67
                          Why would you skip over Halloween 2?
                          Just guessing, but I imagine the writers want to do away with the storyline that Michael and Laurie were siblings.

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

Was never a big Halloween movie fan...so the reboot is basically moot point to me, ha...
                            sigpic

Comment

• Goblin19
                              Talkative Member
                              • May 2, 2002

I'm surprised to hear you say that, Hector. While the sequels are mostly garbage, the original is a masterpiece, IMHO.
                              Last edited by Goblin19; Feb 24, '18, 2:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎