Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Halloween movie with Jamie Lee Curtis. Direct sequel to the 1978 movie

Images
    This series is never going to end. Halloween H20 was horrible (and boring). I loved the original Halloween (like most people). The director's cut was fantastic. I enjoyed part 2 because of the supporting cast. Lance Guest and Leo Rossi were early in their respective careers. I also thought it was a funny film. I mean let's get serious! She was in a hospital with a skeleton crew and not one patient in sight. So while it was entertaining, the film was so highly improbable (even for a horror film).

Jamie Lee should have dyed her hair in the new installment. The grey look does not work. Yet, I really can't complain. I loved her in her "scream queen" days! "The Fog" "Prom Night" and "Terror Train" are classics. "Trading Places" and "A Fish Called Wanda" are magnificent films. Yeah, I can over look her hair.................

Why would you skip over Halloween 2? Makes no sense but I guess there trying to reboot the series again perhaps?
    Me I like Halloween 3 the best. I can only hope and pray no one tries to remake that one!

Quote Originally Posted by Spawn67 View Post
    Why would you skip over Halloween 2?
    Just guessing, but I imagine the writers want to do away with the storyline that Michael and Laurie were siblings.
    SELL ME YOUR LOOSE MINTY WONDER WOMAN!

Was never a big Halloween movie fan...so the reboot is basically moot point to me, ha...

Images
    I'm surprised to hear you say that, Hector. While the sequels are mostly garbage, the original is a masterpiece, IMHO.
    Last edited by Goblin19; Feb 24, '18 at 2:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Goblin19 View Post
    I'm surprised to ear you say that, Hector. While the sequels are mostly garbage, the original is a masterpiece, IMHO.
    The original is not only my favorite horror movie, but up in the top 5 of my favorite movies of all time

Hmmm. Had moderate hopes for this, but I really don't know what to make of it now.

Images
    No way that could be Jamie Lee Curtis' hair! It looks awful! I was told it was a wig. Wig or not, it looks horrible! She looks 100-years-old!

For me it looks like they've made an action movie, which seems very odd. There were a couple of cool spooky things in the trailer, but Michael twirling his knife, or dropping a bunch of pulled teeth? That doesn't fit the character of The Shape from the original. And why the hell would anyone take the mask to him?? Oy vey.

Images
    Man, I am pumped for this. So love that song too.