Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrekStar
    Trek or Treat
    • Jan 20, 2011

Cool pic, looks like a shopping mall food court section, gotta love the Borg in the background by the trash barrel.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by huedell
      Hey! That's a great display!

What's the lowdown on how you acquired the booths and the restaurant diorama...
      I think that's a Barbie McDonald's play-set. Looks great.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• huedell
        Museum Ball Eater
        • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne
        I think that's a Barbie McDonald's play-set.
        Thanks.... I gotta get a hold of those items at some point.... so many years collecting multiples of the pieces from the McDonalLand playset... I need to mix it up!
        "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• megofreak
          • Nov 25, 2007

Thanks! Ya, parts of it are barbie, I tried to merge it with a couple of other pieces i found on Ebay.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

The Barbie McD's is nice--I think there're a couple of version of it. Even Joe collectors use it.

I think these figures are some of Remco's best efforts. I only had a Cap'n Crook, seeing these all makes me wish I had more.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Jason73
              Correctamundo!
              • Jan 11, 2009

For Christmas of 1978 most kids were getting their first taste of Star Wars toys. I got these instead. Oh well. I still enjoy them and managed to complete the set about 7 or so years ago.
              Happy Days-Mego Style

Comment

• megomania
                Persistent Member
                • Jan 2, 2010

Have most of the figs...found them on ebay for $20 BIN each...figs mint but some of the packaging was trashed. Also have the train...too big to display.
                IMG_4530 (2).jpg
                IMG_4531 (2).jpg

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

I always thought they were really cute toys. One of Remco's better quality efforts as well.
                  You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                    Permanent Member
                    • Sep 15, 2014

I remember going to the house of a collector of these. The only story he told about them was Sid & Marty Krofft sued McDonalds for copyright infringement.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

^They sure did, and I believe the Kroffts won. I'll be honest: As a kid, I didn't go to McDonald's much. My whole fascination with McDonaldland was because of it's initial Kroftiness.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎