• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Psykodelik Vampyre
    Museum Patron
    • Jan 22, 2018

Rebuilding my (sadly gone) collection of custom megos

Hello everyone,

Back after a long time away from Megoland and my sadly sold collection...restarting it now!

I wanted to start with the Fantastic Four, the core team and customize some of their villains, any ideas/advice would be greatly appreciated!

Best,
    G.
    https://www.reverbnation.com/psykodelikvampyres
  • Blue Meanie
    Banned
    • Jun 23, 2001

Are you looking to make your own or are you looking for suggestions on the very talented customizers here on the forum? Also depends on how realistic you want the figures to look. There are some that like "what Mego would have made if they made it" look and there are some that like the "that really looks so and so" look.

Comment

• Psykodelik Vampyre
      Museum Patron
      • Jan 22, 2018

I'm veering more towards "what Mego would have made if they made it" to keep that Classic Vibe.

I'd like to start with the core team first, ie. that certain color of the jumpsuits, the Mego look of the heads, etc.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Welcome! Dr. Mego will likely have solid-color bodysuits and resin heads, as well as some boots and gloves. MegoWGSH here offers screened suits for Thing and Torch, as well as many resin heads. Classic TV Toys offers a huge assortment of parts and clothes as well, including a rooted-hair Invisible Girl head.

Dr. Doom is a common custom here and easy to do well with repro parts. Super-Skrull and Sub-Mariner also turn up a fair bit. I've been wondering myself about doing other villains like Red Ghost, Blastarr, Annihilus, Medusa, etc. Medusa seems approachable with the services of a hair-re-rooter.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Psykodelik Vampyre
          Museum Patron
          • Jan 22, 2018

Thanks for the ideas there, some great suggestions for the Rogues too!

^^^ ^^^

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

You're welcome, looking forward to seeing your figures. Will you be doing the blue/black suits or the cobalt/white suits? There should be parts for both.

Also, LaserMego here produces excellent vinyl stickers.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Psykodelik Vampyre
              Museum Patron
              • Jan 22, 2018

I'm going for the Kirby Classic look, blue/black!

Can't argue with perfection...

^^^ ^^^

Comment

• toothaction
                Career Member
                • Jul 15, 2017

Originally posted by Psykodelik Vampyre
                I'm going for the Kirby Classic look, blue/black!

Can't argue with perfection...

^^^ ^^^
                Half the battle is already won!
                >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

I was hoping you'd go with Kirby.

Comment

• Psykodelik Vampyre
                    Museum Patron
                    • Jan 22, 2018

Kirby's versions are always (with the exception of Ditko Spidey, Dr. Strange etc.) my favorites!

^^^ ^^^

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎