Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorite Mego accessory produced by another company?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Favorite Mego accessory produced by another company?

(Have we discussed this before?) There're all sorts of Mego knock-offs to love (ahem, Lincoln Phantom), but what items do you like that were produced by other companies to complement Mego figures?

For me, it's the Tara Hulk Hide-Away. So simple, yet so Megoesque. And you can accessorize it with bits to be even more so: POTA boulders, maybe a transporter or plastic computer console. I just love it and made a Dr. Banner for it too, as if it were a catalogue exclusive.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.
  • cjefferys
    Duke of Gloat
    • Apr 23, 2006

I kinda like the Empire helicopters, especially the nonsensical ones like the Spidey and Hulk copters, if only I had room to properly display them.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

The Empire Huk stuff is oddly compelling, it's like "Thunderbolt" Ross equipment.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

the evel kneivel vehicles were great too. especially the motorcycles for Capt. America

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Hmm--I didn't even know about an Ideal Cap cycle--sounds great!

Comment

• Goblin19
            Talkative Member
            • May 2, 2002

I love the Empire stuff. I only have the Spidervan but am hoping to get the helicopter. It's my top item that I've been searching for at a good pruce for a while now. I really love the Hulk ones, too, but they tend to be a bit too pricey for how much I like them. If they were actual Mego, I would pay for them.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
              Moderation Engineer
              • Aug 14, 2003

I drove the wheels off my Empire Spider-man Crime Lab. A VERY close second would have been my Empire Batcopter. A distant third was an old blue Sea Sled I got at a flea market. Tied for 4th/5th place and receiving a participation ribbon would be my sister's huge Barbie camper and Jamie Sommer's car.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

Tara's Hulk Hideaway. Having another WGSH playset besides the Batcave was a lot of fun. Plus, paper Bruce Banner!

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• Godzilla
                  Permanent Member
                  • Nov 3, 2002

Loved Hulk's Hideway as a kid too.
                  Mortui Vivos Docent
                  The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

• samurainoir
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by cjefferys
                    I kinda like the Empire helicopters, especially the nonsensical ones like the Spidey and Hulk copters, if only I had room to properly display them.
                    I've got both, and love them dearly.
                    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎