X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mego Magyar
    Permanent Member
    • Jan 17, 2011

Originally posted by Capt_Kirk
    My preference would be realistic or even cartoonish but not doll-like. I really don't like those.
    ***another thought***
    We could get members who are willing to "donate female heads" the hair can be removed, seal the holes where the hair was then, cast the heads for copies. We can cast in standard resin and drill to set hair.
    We did something similar to this a long while back where we donated 9" star trek "Playmates" heads to be shrunk to mego size. I don't recall who did the shrinking but, I sent my donations to DaveMc.
    There are a ton of nice heads that could be used. Some are over sized could be shrunk to the correct size.
    I've molded both a standard FTC female head and a Mary Ellen Walton after removing their hair.

Comment

• Capt_Kirk
      Career Member
      • Nov 22, 2011

I would like semi-realistic. I collect hot toys figures. I save the realistic for the 12 inch figures. I would however like 8" heads that look something like the real characters. Think 66 Batman Adam West and Star Trek figures. Those are pretty darn good. I would love to see more female heads like
      Lynda Carter
      Elvira
      Bionic Woman
      Janice Rand, Shana and more Trek
      Isis from 70s TV.
      heads available.
      "May fortune favor the foolish"

Comment

• The Bat
        Batman Fanatic
        • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
        The only way I can see this working would be to create the entire doll. New bodies with the heads scaled the size you want complete with outfits, etc. Something like CyGirls perhaps. It would have a story and strong characters. This way, it attracts people who maybe don't even really collect Mego figures specifically.
        I can't see anyone outside of the existing community buying just heads. That would be a very small amount of sales.
        I think this business strategy would have the most chance of success.
        sigpic

Comment

• boss
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 18, 2003

whoops. Wrong thread.
          Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢