• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blue Meanie
    Banned
    • Jun 23, 2001

2018 Thrift/Garage/In The Wild Finds...

Didn't see a thread started yet, may have missed it, so here goes nothin'

My first find of this year and it was in a Comic Book Store during a Neal Adams signing last weekend. I was surprised at the price I got it for it was still there:

The destroyer is basically Mint In Box. Have to dust it because it looks like it was sitting on the shelf for a long time...but it's complete with inserts, Poster, and Instructions. No crushes or dents on the box and basically yellowing tape on both sides of the box that can probably be peeled away without doing any damage to the box.
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

sweet find. It has been so cold here there have not been any estate sales. I am hoping to find some in the coming weeks

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

I managed to squeeze an estate sale in this morning, slim pickings but I did find this little gem

IMG_0558.jpg

Comment

• EmergencyIan
        Museum Paramedic
        • Aug 31, 2005

Both nice finds!

- Ian
        Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

One of my favorite film scores, and the SuperPowers find is really sweet. Congratulations.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Bravestarr
            Museum Super Collector
            • Mar 26, 2017

Originally posted by Blue Meanie
            Didn't see a thread started yet, may have missed it, so here goes nothin'

My first find of this year and it was in a Comic Book Store during a Neal Adams signing last weekend. I was surprised at the price I got it for it was still there:

The destroyer is basically Mint In Box. Have to dust it because it looks like it was sitting on the shelf for a long time...but it's complete with inserts, Poster, and Instructions. No crushes or dents on the box and basically yellowing tape on both sides of the box that can probably be peeled away without doing any damage to the box.

Oh Wow amazing find in that condition

Comment

• ScottA
              Original Member
              • Jun 25, 2001

That's awesome Berto.
              sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• TrekStar
                Trek or Treat
                • Jan 20, 2011

The Darkseid Destroyer is very cool, sweet find, congrats.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

Loved the Destroyer as a kid. Such a HUGE toy, with lots of play value. Nice get!

And the Superman soundtrack! Without that nasty "ring" you get from the album being pressed into the sleeve. Nice.

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                    Banned
                    • Jun 23, 2001

Found this creepy little sucker and couldn't pass it up. I hate having this thing in the house...

He needs a little bit of a cleaning to the face and clean off some of the dust/grime on his sneakers. Anyone interested in him...I would trade for Mego/AHI and other vintage lines. Have I said how much he creeps me out lol.

Comment

• Mikey
                      Verbose Member
                      • Aug 9, 2001

Now I got that dang commercial song stuck in my head !!!

Originally posted by Blue Meanie
                      Found this creepy little sucker and couldn't pass it up. I hate having this thing in the house...

He needs a little bit of a cleaning to the face and clean off some of the dust/grime on his sneakers. Anyone interested in him...I would trade for Mego/AHI and other vintage lines. Have I said how much he creeps me out lol.

Comment

• Werewolf
                        Inhuman
                        • Jul 14, 2003

The My Buddy Dolls are very common and probably worth around $20 in that condition. They were more collectible years ago before the flood of official Chucky merchandise.
                        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• spockoda
                          Museum Super Collector
                          • Jan 14, 2018

I found this recently at a thrift store. I knew it was from the Star Wars prequels but I wasn't sure exactly what it was called which I found out it's called the Clone Turbo Tank. A complete one even loose goes for a decent amount of wampum online and although this one is missing two somewhat major pieces and some assorted smaller ones I couldn't pass it by for a five spot.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                            Muddling through
                            • Oct 4, 2008

wow, not bad for $5, as I recall that was one of the $100, retail vehicles that was put out

Comment

• spockoda
                              Museum Super Collector
                              • Jan 14, 2018

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                              wow, not bad for $5, as I recall that was one of the $100, retail vehicles that was put out
                              I had to look up what this vehicle exactly was on rebelscum and you are right. Someone on ebay had a complete one and they were asking $240. It came with a figure and another figure on a Barc speeder bike so I'm not sure whether the seller had those items with it as well or not. Then another seller had one in MIB and they had $450 on it. Let's just say when I found this the Force was with me. It's missing some missiles and the cargo door that houses the speeder bike and a turret gun on top. The turret gun is going to be difficult to find, I can already tell as I found a cargo bay door for it and the missiles don't seem too hard a grab right now.
                              Last edited by spockoda; Mar 4, '18, 12:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎