Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jwyblejr
    galactic yo-yo
    • Apr 6, 2006

I'll stick with the original Action Man stuff. Just got my first Dynamic Body AM and love it. Only thing I had to do was restring the head. Got him on an Afrika Korps outfit,I'll post pictures later.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by thunderbolt
      nice looking accessories but the Ken arms look horrible
      yeah those bodies look like crap. worse than the Hasbro HOF Joes from the nineties

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by jwyblejr
        I'll stick with the original Action Man stuff. Just got my first Dynamic Body AM and love it. Only thing I had to do was restring the head. Got him on an Afrika Korps outfit,I'll post pictures later.
        I'm a fan of the dynamic body, too. Did you know there were quality (40th) repros of it? (I apologize if I'm discussing reproductions too much.)
        Last edited by PNGwynne; Nov 28, '18, 8:15 PM.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

ehh, just give me original Joe bodies. Amazing that I can get a 50 plus year old figure on ebay and its still in good shape. I get some crap ones too with worn out elastics, but usually they are still holding up.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

^ I think that is true with vintage classic bodies. But the muscle bodies fall apart and the AM dynamic bodies are $$, with shipping.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

never cared for the muscle bodies or its English cousin the dynamic body.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

I think the muscle bodies are perfect for nextgen 12" versions of Super Joe. Making customs of those got me hooked, and I did a fun custom MB Defender, too. But all of my military and most of my AT Joes are classic. A little variety is nice. The dynamic body is good for aquatic figs where a little more of the physique is revealed.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

well all I got aquatic is the Deep Sea Diver so no worries there on any skin.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

The diver is my favorite Joe.

Comment

• drquest
                      ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                      • Apr 17, 2012

I used to not care for the vintage muscle body Joes at all, mostly due to the them falling apart. But since being able to re-string them I do appreciate the way they fill out the uniforms(wow that sounds kind of creepy) and I do prefer the Eagle Eye heads, they are awesome!
                      Danny(Drquest)
                      Captain Action HQ
                      Retro shirts and stuff
                      More retro shirts
                      Stuff For Sale

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

Yes, I love the eagle-eye feature. Unfortunately, most of the Geyper reissues have instead that stoned expression lol.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                          Muddling through
                          • Oct 4, 2008

I prefer the MB to the 64 style joe body. the 64 is just so damn clunky. but yes, the MB has it's issues too

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                            I prefer the MB to the 64 style joe body. the 64 is just so damn clunky...
                            The original pelvis design is horrible, both in poseablility and in accommodating clothing.

Comment

• drquest
                              ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                              • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                              The original pelvis design is horrible, both in poseablility and in accommodating clothing.
                              And the hands were just so useful...
                              Danny(Drquest)
                              Captain Action HQ
                              Retro shirts and stuff
                              More retro shirts
                              Stuff For Sale

Comment

• PNGwynne
                                Master of Fowl Play
                                • Jun 5, 2008

Pinch-pinch. KFG rules!!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎