Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Godzilla
    Permanent Member
    • Nov 3, 2002

Those are great looking figures after the restring! Did you use the Cotswold kit?
    Mortui Vivos Docent
    The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

• drquest
      ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
      • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by Godzilla
      Those are great looking figures after the restring! Did you use the Cotswold kit?
      My Joes were not with the Cotswold kit. I picked up some stretchy elastic from Walmart and followed these instructions. Very minimal cost wise and honestly went really fast and quick.

http://kungfugrip.mysite.com/restrin...e_body_joe.htm
      Danny(Drquest)
      Captain Action HQ
      Retro shirts and stuff
      More retro shirts
      Stuff For Sale

Comment

• VintageJoe70
        Veteran Member
        • Oct 12, 2016

Latest joe pick up for me...I have this seperate room off the laundry room that leads into the rear yard of my townhouse...Hopefully in the next week or so I can start unpacking my joes and actually get them set up...

20180920_190141 by Matthew Peregoy, on Flickr
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/148083...57673799016342

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

^I've always admired that set. It, and the Sea Wolf, are on my radar because I like aquatic-themed toys.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• drquest
            ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
            • Apr 17, 2012

I just picked up a Joe footlocker with a SOTW head talking Marine and a 1969 Adventurer. The Adventurer was missing his brown shoulder holster and I put an extra black on on him until I can locate a brown one. If anyone has an extra brown shoulder holster I'm interested.

Last edited by drquest; Nov 18, '18, 4:35 PM.
            Danny(Drquest)
            Captain Action HQ
            Retro shirts and stuff
            More retro shirts
            Stuff For Sale

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Those look really nice.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• rykerw1701
                Persistent Member
                • Aug 27, 2007

Nice pick up! There are those collectors who specialize in the '69 set.

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

Nice get! I know nothing about this era of Joe.
                  Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Makernaut
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 22, 2015

Wow! Good score, drquest!

The 1969 line has been a focus for me this year. I think it is an interesting line because it's where you can see GI JOE transitioning to his civilian gig....The Adventure Team.

Comment

• drquest
                      ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                      • Apr 17, 2012

I really like the red top box 1969 sets. I luckily have all of the figures in their coffin boxes.

These below are the among toughest to find.. The AA tagged box, and the alternate uniform AA figure as well.

In my opinion the boxed Aquanaut is harder to find than the AA version.

I have a regular boxed '69 figure and a boxed talking Astronaut with the cloth cap not pictured.

This is the only boxed '69 set I have.

Danny(Drquest)
                      Captain Action HQ
                      Retro shirts and stuff
                      More retro shirts
                      Stuff For Sale

Comment

• palitoy
                        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                        • Jun 16, 2001

I think they're really neat but I honestly don't have any dog in the hunt seeing as they came out well before it did.
                        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

I only have customs of the '69 stuff, but Mouth of Doom is awesome and the Aquanaut with locker is one of my all-time favorites. As Makernaut noted, I"m fascinated by the transitional nature of the '69 stuff.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

My new late 60s issue soft redhead in his WORKING!! Pontoon boat. Looks like the motor was never used, came with a complete Pygmy Gorilla set.

Last edited by thunderbolt; Dec 8, '18, 5:49 PM.
                            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

That's terrific, looks very sharp. I have a repro boat, but the vintage colors are better.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                                Hi Ernie!!!
                                • Feb 15, 2004

I really like this set, its taking up some space tho. But I shouldn't complain too much I just bid on a AT Mobile Headquarters.
                                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎