X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jwyblejr
    galactic yo-yo
    • Apr 6, 2006

Originally posted by drquest
    Blonde MOA is a favorite for sure. I have one of mine in my Flying Space Adventure set.

Related to this, I also wondered why Hasbro didn't release an auburn colored(Sea Adventurer) without a beard.

I see customs a lot, but never any verified vintage ones that I'm aware of.
    That's why I got the Gyper Man re-issue. I think he looks cool without the beard. Plus their muscle body is better than Hasbro's.

Comment

• Makernaut
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 22, 2015

Basic Soldier.jpg

I just put together my first dynamic body, eagle eyes Action Man Basic Soldier.
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

He's terrific. I like the dynamic body's proportions, and EE is a great vintage feature.

The uniform is crisp--what's the origin of the trousers?

I like your SAS figure, too!
        Last edited by PNGwynne; Feb 28, '24, 12:02 AM.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Makernaut
          I love seeing the real deal JOES where the collector has been not only smart, but smart for a long time, in acquiring pieces. I realized that for me, I waited too long to get into collecting to lay hands on much vintage stuff in nice condition, but....I have had an absolute blast doing the research and putting together a representative collection built largely on 40th and Timeless sets. That's been supplemented by vintage when I can and tied together with really nice 3rd party reproduction uniforms and parts. It's hard to believe, but even the 40th and Timeless stuff is coming up on 20 years old and really starting to creep up in price.
          My sentiments exactly, and I've built my collection in a similar manner. It's nice--but not always easy--to supplement new stuff with the occasional unique vintage part.

And vintage can be surprisingly durable. My Action Man 40th tanker jacket totally disintigrated like most modern pleather.
          Last edited by PNGwynne; Feb 28, '24, 12:08 AM.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Makernaut
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 22, 2015

Originally posted by PNGwynne
            He's terrific. I like the dynamic body's proportions, and EE is a great vintage feature.

The uniform is crisp--what's the origin of the trousers?

I like your SAS figure, too!
            Thanks!

The trousers are from a 40th Anniversary Marine (had an extra uniform available when I kitted out the Marine Jungle Fighter) so they lack the pocket on the left leg of the trousers that an Action Man Basic Soldier should have. They'll work as a placeholder until I can get the correct ones.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎