Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234712 ... LastLast

Thread: Any new Joes?

Images
    Hey,it's got Kung Fu Grip. That more than justifies the purchase.

Images
    Here's my latest:

IMG_0041.JPG

Images
    Blog Entries
    ^I've always liked the astronaut.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jwyblejr View Post
    Hey,it's got Kung Fu Grip. That more than justifies the purchase.
    Unless, you are in Quebec... "La Prise" ?!? They didn't even try, did they...

Blog Entries
    Yeah, my wife was quick to point that out to me last night. Pretty bad considering Hasbro was actually in Quebec.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by palitoy View Post
    I am really into Canadian Joes. This is the most I've paid for one but wow, it's epic! Attachment 22472
    Nice!!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jwyblejr View Post
    Here's my latest:

IMG_0041.JPG
    Is that the talking Astronaut? I get confused on the details of the 1970 line because of the flocked hair, but lack of beard and Kung-Fu grip that came later on with the Adventure Team.

Images
    No,he doesn't talk. I'm guessing it's a blonde Man of Action.

Images
    Blog Entries
    My understanding--from 3D Joes I think--is that the blond MoA were due to Hasbro using overstock Astro heads.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PNGwynne View Post
    My understanding--from 3D Joes I think--is that the blond MoA were due to Hasbro using overstock Astro heads.
    Yep. Just read it there, in fact.
    http://www.vintage3djoes.com/man-of-action.html

I think that is one of the most interesting Joe pieces I have seen in a while simply because I have never seen a blonde Man of Action that wasn't a Talking Astronaut. I have learned something new!!