X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Neutron X
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 22, 2007

Henshin Cyborg

I never thought I would have this guy in my collection again. Prices have been going up and this guy was for years way outa my range.. This guy was missing hands and outer head. He also had badly stretched leg elastic. I think that's why I got lucky. I used the Youtube Toy Poloi method of repair. Leave metal elastic clips on hip rivets open wider and replace elastic while still on place. My repair was a little looser than I would like but it sits on my shelf so I am OK as is. Was hopping to use grey reissue wrist pegs but were to big for vintage arms. I had vintage white pegs and clear 40th Gijoe Club hands. So I like the look and am pleased. Hoping to get a reissue clear outer head and I am golden.
    20200911_120924 (2) by edtime5, on Flickr

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

He looks great--no yellowing and crisp repairs. I have a repro of him. I like your mention of the elastic switch, can you link? It sounds much easier than replacing thigh rivets. (I have a rivet tool, but it's not easy to use.)
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by drquest
        Did someone mention Henshin Cyborg??

Gad, that playcase--another fantastic thing drquest turned me on to.

(I have another, incomplete one for sale, btw.)
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• drquest
          ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
          • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by Neutron X
          I never thought I would have this guy in my collection again. Prices have been going up and this guy was for years way outa my range.. This guy was missing hands and outer head. He also had badly stretched leg elastic. I think that's why I got lucky. I used the Youtube Toy Poloi method of repair. Leave metal elastic clips on hip rivets open wider and replace elastic while still on place. My repair was a little looser than I would like but it sits on my shelf so I am OK as is. Was hopping to use grey reissue wrist pegs but were to big for vintage arms. I had vintage white pegs and clear 40th Gijoe Club hands. So I like the look and am pleased. Hoping to get a reissue clear outer head and I am golden.
          Very nice Ed!

Glad you found one reasonable!
          Danny(Drquest)
          Captain Action HQ
          Retro shirts and stuff
          More retro shirts
          Stuff For Sale

Comment

• RonnyG
            Career Member
            • Apr 23, 2014

Is this Joe for real? His arms are rubbery/bendy. Everything else is the same.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Looks to me like a hybrid Joe with Fighting Yank arms.

Comment

• RonnyG
                Career Member
                • Apr 23, 2014

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                Looks to me like a hybrid Joe with Fighting Yank arms.
                Thanks! I never heard of Fighting Yank before. I googled him, and I think you're right.

Comment

• Neutron X
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 22, 2007

Thanks Danny! I have a lead on newer Cyborg head replacement.

PNGwynne Toy Polio has a Youtube channel. Look for Cyborg repair one. Has a repair for Action Man/Gijoe mine detector, The Cyborg vehicle from UK/Japan, Star Wars, Action Man, Micronauts, Lone Ranger, ect. Not a big fan of Lone Ranger repair( I can save hours) I think they are good to learn from. He uses a lot of Lego parts very creatively.!

Comment

• drquest
                    ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                    • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by drquest
                    Here's my Revenge of the Spy Shark set. It's on a blonde muscle body Joe.

There's several specific pieces to this set. One being the black shark, same shark used in other Adventure Team sets, but this is molded in black. The yellow raft is unmarked, and does not have oar loops. The knife is unpainted as is the unpainted spear gun. The oar is molded like a regular one, but has swirls in the plastic of darker colors. The buoy is all red(mine is the normal red with white stripe) and the orange jacket(one snap) and pants(elastic) are specific to this set.

I was able to pick up the correct all red buoy for this set. Here's both versions side by side.

Danny(Drquest)
                    Captain Action HQ
                    Retro shirts and stuff
                    More retro shirts
                    Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Makernaut
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 22, 2015

Thought I'd bump this up to see if anyone has made any JOE progress in the last year. I'm way off my pace from past years, but curious if anyone else is making headway on their collections, lately.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

I have a nice repro Land Adventurer locker prepped to re-hinge, with 40th stuff to stock it. (I cut the hinge mortises a bit to deep and have to compensate.)

My last purchases, in July--MOTU Origins has intruded--were two repro Falcon sci-fi troopers and some repro Geyper black muscle-body figures.

The Falcon stufff is amazing but $$$. Geyper MB figures have been integral to my kitbashing of 12" Super Joes and foes.

The last 40th kitbash I'd like to do is a Landing Signal Officer, I love Navy Joes.

An accessory I still hope to find reasonably is the Magnetic Flaw Detector, and I'm searching for a nice Action Man Space Ranger tabard for a custom. So the hunt goes (slowly) on!
                        Last edited by PNGwynne; Feb 4, '22, 3:41 PM.

Comment

• rykerw1701
                          Persistent Member
                          • Aug 27, 2007

I've only acquired one vintage Joe item since the start of the pandemic, but he's a nice one. It's this Landing Signal Officer. Prices just went too nuts. I hope to get back at it when things settle down a bit.

Landing Signal Officer V2.jpg

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

Ooh, he is nice.

Comment

• Makernaut
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 22, 2015

Oh, yeah! The LSO is one of the coolest JOEs ever. Nice!

Comment

• drquest
                                ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                                • Apr 17, 2012

Speaking of LSO's, these aren't new, had them a while, but the one on the right is an LSO colored uniform, but without the stripes. Several have been found like this, and it's basically identical to the standard one color and design wise. No holes as if someone removed the stripes. There's two thoughts on this, and one is Hasbro shipped some LSO's without the stripes by accident, and the other thought is this is a pilot variation uniform. Either way, it's kind of a neat variation.

And kind of related to the tan color, there's a tan version of the Scramble Jumpsuit as well, that you cans see below.

Danny(Drquest)
                                Captain Action HQ
                                Retro shirts and stuff
                                More retro shirts
                                Stuff For Sale

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡