Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Newest item: Action Team motorized sea-sled, identical to the 1970 Adventure Team release--with proppeller unit.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Makernaut
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 22, 2015

Nice!!

All of the Sailor, Dive and Sea Adventure stuff from GI JOE was great. Do you have a Sea Wolf, as well?

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

No. I have two backpack sleds (white and yellow) from the club, but no vintage larger sleds.

I want a Sea Wolf most of all, always looking. Still need a nice shark, too.

But I've snared a lot of aquatic accessories, I may have to fill another locker!!
        Last edited by PNGwynne; Apr 27, '20, 10:38 PM.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

New thermal scanner, because I envied drquest. I think it's a great accessory. I'm bashing a whole Joe around it.

Vulture and shark on the way. Custom Super Sandy finished!

I'd like a magnetic flaw detector, but those seem scare and $$$. And I missed a nice large sea-sled.

Comment

• drquest
            ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
            • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by PNGwynne
            New thermal scanner, because I envied drquest. I think it's a great accessory. I'm bashing a whole Joe around it.
            Haha! You need to post up some pictures of your stuff!
            Danny(Drquest)
            Captain Action HQ
            Retro shirts and stuff
            More retro shirts
            Stuff For Sale

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

I hear that all the time. I'm going to do an orange jersey and tan or brown trousers, brown boots.

I need to decide what extras I want to throw in--flare gun, knife, walkie-talkie? I used to have a lot of 40th bits, but doing figs like this has depleted my stash.

You know, if I found a nice Rocket Pack, it might look good on my custom AT pilot.
              Last edited by PNGwynne; May 8, '20, 7:11 PM.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                galactic yo-yo
                • Apr 6, 2006

Vulture and shark on the way. Custom Super Sandy finished!

I'd like a magnetic flaw detector, but those seem scare and $$$. And I missed a nice large sea-sled.

I've got a Magnetic Flaw Detector,well the piece that you have Joe hold. I need all the other pieces so those aren't easy to come by. My guess is it's because of it also being part of Danger Ray Detection.

Comment

• Makernaut
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 22, 2015

I've been cobbling together the 1970-1973 Adventure Team recently. Finally replaced the Talking Man of Action I had as a kid and picked up a blonde Man of Action to easily distinguish between the talker and non-talker. Got some repro shoulder holsters and AT dog tags from Cotswold to complete the Adventurer, Air Adventurer, and Sea Adventurer I've had for the last year. Now, I am only a Talking Black Commander, Talking Astronaut (fuzz head) and Land Adventurer away from having the set completed. I'll get some nice repro boxes for them at some point.

Most recently, I got a 40th Anniversary Action Man Liverpool Footballer set from Cotswold because I've always thought the footballers were cool looking sets and I had no Action Man stuff.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Just completed my filled 1969 Adventure locker, courtesy of Paul at 3rd Son Books and a little diligence on my part. It's fun. My repro Adventurer even has a proper ribbed t-shirt.

I may do an Astro locker if I can find parts cheaply enough. It's not nearly as interesting to me, but now that I have the other two...

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Makernaut
                      Nice!!

All of the Sailor, Dive and Sea Adventure stuff from GI JOE was great. Do you have a Sea Wolf, as well?
                      I bought a pretty complete boxed one with a lot of UV damage and glue scarring. Then I bought a very nice Palitoy gray one, which I prefer, and am salvaging the Joe one for parts. I still need the top portion of the periscope.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                        galactic yo-yo
                        • Apr 6, 2006

Just got some Muscle Body parts for $150. I've got enough to make 2 Sea Adventurers. Plus I've got a pair of Bulletman arms. I'm surprised it went for as cheap as it did on Ebay.

Comment

• drquest
                          ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                          • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by jwyblejr
                          Just got some Muscle Body parts for $150. I've got enough to make 2 Sea Adventurers. Plus I've got a pair of Bulletman arms. I'm surprised it went for as cheap as it did on Ebay.
                          Sounds like a great deal! You could get maybe half your money back selling the Bulletman arms.

Ironically I was looking for something in my garage yesterday and found a bag of three Muscle body GiJoes I had forgotten about. One Eagle Eye and one talker that still works. All of the body parts are there too. I really don't remember when I got those, LOL...

Looks like I need a good left hand(as one of mine is missing a finger), or I'll take a left forearm with good hand if anyone has an extra one.
                          Danny(Drquest)
                          Captain Action HQ
                          Retro shirts and stuff
                          More retro shirts
                          Stuff For Sale

Comment

• drquest
                            ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                            • Apr 17, 2012

Well I miscounted. I pulled the bag out again today and there was a 4th muscle body in with the others. I also found another Eagle Eye I hadn't rebuilt yet. Just looking at 5 of these in need of restringing is making me tired...

Danny(Drquest)
                            Captain Action HQ
                            Retro shirts and stuff
                            More retro shirts
                            Stuff For Sale

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

Good gravy, that's a bit of a gold mine, isn't it?

Comment

• drquest
                                ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                                • Apr 17, 2012

Good gravy, that's a bit of a gold mine, isn't it?
                                You should drive over and help me fix these. You can also help me pull all of these boxes of Joe stuff out of the garage

I've driven to Akron many times, it's not that far to my my house.
                                Danny(Drquest)
                                Captain Action HQ
                                Retro shirts and stuff
                                More retro shirts
                                Stuff For Sale

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡