Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Thank you for the great pix! I'd read of the variation, but it's terrific to see them in comparison.

It's a nice, striped jumpsuit that seems hard to find for a custom.
    Last edited by PNGwynne; Aug 27, '22, 9:57 AM.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• rykerw1701
      Persistent Member
      • Aug 27, 2007

Originally posted by drquest
      Speaking of LSO's, these aren't new, had them a while, but the one on the right is an LSO colored uniform, but without the stripes. Several have been found like this, and it's basically identical to the standard one color and design wise. No holes as if someone removed the stripes. There's two thoughts on this, and one is Hasbro shipped some LSO's without the stripes by accident, and the other thought is this is a pilot variation uniform. Either way, it's kind of a neat variation.

And kind of related to the tan color, there's a tan version of the Scramble Jumpsuit as well, that you cans see below.

I haven't seen these variants before. Very fun. There's so much GI Joe stuff out there that makes you go "Wait, what?" It's like Mego, but moreso.

Comment

• Makernaut
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 22, 2015

I always dig seeing pictures from your collection, Danny. I always learn something, too.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Makernaut
          I always dig seeing pictures from your collection, Danny. I always learn something, too.
          So very true.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Makernaut
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 22, 2015

Just got a Land Adventurer (1970-1973, hard hands) off of eBay. That's going to be the last Joe for me as I have almost all of the basic figures from the Military line, the Talkers, 1969, and the two Adventure Team incarnations. I just need to get a few reproduction boxes now and I should be able to tie it all together for my collection (or at least as far as I ever planned to take it).

Comment

• rykerw1701
              Persistent Member
              • Aug 27, 2007

Just got a Land Adventurer (1970-1973, hard hands) off of eBay. That's going to be the last Joe for me as I have almost all of the basic figures from the Military line, the Talkers, 1969, and the two Adventure Team incarnations. I just need to get a few reproduction boxes now and I should be able to tie it all together for my collection (or at least as far as I ever planned to take it).
              So you might think that's enough, but then, you're eying a Soldier of the World German or a talking Black Commander and you're all in. And bring your wallet.

Comment

• drquest
                ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                • Apr 17, 2012

Very nice!

Post up pictures, everyone loves that!
                Danny(Drquest)
                Captain Action HQ
                Retro shirts and stuff
                More retro shirts
                Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Makernaut
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 22, 2015

Originally posted by rykerw1701
                  So you might think that's enough, but then, you're eying a Soldier of the World German or a talking Black Commander and you're all in. And bring your wallet.
                  True!

Comment

• Makernaut
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 22, 2015

Originally posted by drquest
                    Very nice!

Post up pictures, everyone loves that!
                    I will do that. Plan on ordering the repro boxes in the next week or two and I'll get some pics once they arrive.
                    Last edited by Makernaut; Aug 25, '22, 6:44 PM.

Comment

• Makernaut
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 22, 2015

Here's the figures and outfits I have. There are original and repro parts mixed together. I don't mind repro parts, but sometimes they are placeholders until I find an original part. Boxes are all repro, of course.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27923[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27924[/ATTACH]

My favorite is the Aquanaut

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27925[/ATTACH]
                      This is from a couple of years ago when I finished putting together my 1969 Joe collection.

Comment

• rykerw1701
                        Persistent Member
                        • Aug 27, 2007

This is from a couple of years ago when I finished putting together my 1969 Joe collection.
                        Nice collection. Some excellent pieces there, particularly that highly coveted Aquanaut. Aside from cost, the issue with Joes is that they take up a lot of room to display. Mego has that advantage over them.

And I ought to get a photo of my Joes up here. Nothing super rare, but some of it I've had since 1971, predating even my original Megos.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

I'm amazed at their condition, and it's so nice to see them "for real."

I did nice repros of all of them, but kudos on vintage excellence.

Comment

• Makernaut
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jul 22, 2015

^I wish they were vintage, but it's a mix of vintage with a lot of repro "placeholders". I spent a lot of time on Vintage 3D Joes trying to get the look as close as possible to vintage but there are a lot of parts from the 40th Anniversary line and Cotswold Collectibles. The pants on the Adventurer are vintage as is the uniform on the Aquanaut and a few other bits on some of the other figures. The Mouth of Doom outfit is from 3rd Son Books.
                            Last edited by Makernaut; Aug 26, '22, 7:06 PM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

I did much of the same and Vintage 3D Joes is a superb resource. I used an Action Man 40th Aussie set (minus carefully removed patches) as the basis for my Mouth of Doom, and added a vintage snare from Devil of the Deep as an accessory in place of the raft & pole.

Vintage Aquanaut is impressive.

Comment

• drquest
                                ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                                • Apr 17, 2012

^ those look great! I love the 1969 sets, they are my favorites.
                                Danny(Drquest)
                                Captain Action HQ
                                Retro shirts and stuff
                                More retro shirts
                                Stuff For Sale

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡