Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 510131415

Thread: Any new Joes?

Images
    Blog Entries
    ^Blue-green, a sort of teal color.

But Ronny, IDK what you mean about a shark.

Of note regarding collecting, I nabbed a very nice Action Man Power Hog ATV for a custom villain vehicle.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PNGwynne View Post
    But Ronny, IDK what you mean about a shark.
    My mistake. I saw the shark on the cover and must have confused it with the "Danger of the Depths" set which came with similar scuba gear and a shark.

Images
    Blog Entries
    No worries. There's plenty of room in the bottom for a Joe shark, octopus, or hammerhead stingray. I store my underwater explorer sled in mine.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Images
    ^Blue-green, a sort of teal color.
    Thanks! Much appreciated!

That backs up a theory I had. I noticed the red of the Adventure Locker matched the red "GI JOE" on the 1964 Action Soldier and Action Marine boxes and the Astro Locker's blue matched the Action Pilot's blue "GI JOE". Based on that, I wondered if the Aqua Locker might be the teal color of the Action Sailor's "GI JOE". Apparently, it is probably close enough to go with that theory.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown Bear View Post
    Iíve been looking for a blonde beardless fuzzy Joe thatís affordable; even just the head.
    There's one on Ebay for $75 with a repro box.

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Makernaut View Post
    Thanks! Much appreciated!

That backs up a theory I had. I noticed the red of the Adventure Locker matched the red "GI JOE" on the 1964 Action Soldier and Action Marine boxes and the Astro Locker's blue matched the Action Pilot's blue "GI JOE". Based on that, I wondered if the Aqua Locker might be the teal color of the Action Sailor's "GI JOE". Apparently, it is probably close enough to go with that theory.

Clever theory and good observation.

After I got the repro Aqua locker, I had a great idea to commission an AT version, but it was too expensive.

Images
    Blog Entries
    Clever theory and good observation.

After I got the repro Aqua locker, I had a great idea to commission an AT version, but it was too expensive.
    that would be easy with a Adventure locker repro set and some yellow paint along with an old locker. Just plain yellow with a big AT emblem on he lid? Use the Adventure locker inside litho and it matches with a original tray. I end up with a lot of spares off ebay.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Images
    Blog Entries
    That's a good idea. I was going to do a black footlocker with the lid art from the triptych from the Sears Super Adventure set or Deluxe Adventure set.

Images
    Blog Entries
    Too bad Hasbro didn't do a locker for each branch of the service in 64.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks