X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ninersphan1
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 27, 2009

Originally posted by Brown Bear
    I’ve been looking for a blonde beardless fuzzy Joe that’s affordable; even just the head.
    If it doesn't need to be original, check Cotswold Collectables.

Comment

• Makernaut
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 22, 2015

Originally posted by PNGwynne
      I love the reproductions, congrats Ronny. I stocked a repro Aquanaut locker too, so much fun.
      GI JOE 1969 is my favorite line and that Aqua Locker is one of the things that fascinates me most. Love the Aquanaut and all of that stuff seems to be so rare because it was such a small window of production. I think it is so cool that you have that in your collection.

Comment

• Makernaut
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 22, 2015

Originally posted by RonnyG
        Speaking of reproductions, I got this from ebay a few days ago: The 2004 Target Timeless Collection repro of the 1964 footlocker and action figure. I made the seller an offer for what I was willing to pay for it, and to my surprise, he accepted my offer, so I'm happy. Usually, they will counteroffer.
        That is a very cool piece to have, Ronny. Nice pick up!

Comment

• ddgaff1132
          Persistent Member
          • Oct 3, 2007

June Joe Acquisitions.

AtomicMan.jpg
          First up is the Last Joe I owned as a child. Atomic Man!!! Shortly after winning the figure on ebay, I ordered the outfit from Cotswold.
          The figure was nicely priced...
          AtomicMan (1).jpg
          Because he had a Wonky eye. But what the hey. He displays nicely. I am currently working on getting his his Hand-Copter

Next up is all about the Outfit...
          TalknJoe.jpg
          I have owned this Talking Joe for years. What had taken me til now to get was the Camo suit. Before getting this set, I had won another auction on Greedbay. When the seller seen how low the bidding had gone for the Camo-Suit, They Immediately contacted me and notified they had lost the camo-suit and would not be able to complete the transaction. Awe so sad
          Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
          MEGO MOTORS

Comment

• Makernaut
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 22, 2015

I love the reproductions, congrats Ronny. I stocked a repro Aquanaut locker too, so much fun.
            What color is the Aquanaut locker? I have a repro Adventurer and Astro Locker. I also have the stickers and a spare military footlocker to make a repro Aqua Locker, but I have no real idea of what color it is supposed to be. Looking at pictures online is hard to determine the real color and I have never seen one in real life.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

^Blue-green, a sort of teal color.

But Ronny, IDK what you mean about a shark.

Of note regarding collecting, I nabbed a very nice Action Man Power Hog ATV for a custom villain vehicle.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• RonnyG
                Career Member
                • Apr 23, 2014

But Ronny, IDK what you mean about a shark.
                My mistake. I saw the shark on the cover and must have confused it with the "Danger of the Depths" set which came with similar scuba gear and a shark.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

No worries. There's plenty of room in the bottom for a Joe shark, octopus, or hammerhead stingray. I store my underwater explorer sled in mine.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Makernaut
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 22, 2015

^Blue-green, a sort of teal color.
                    Thanks! Much appreciated!

That backs up a theory I had. I noticed the red of the Adventure Locker matched the red "GI JOE" on the 1964 Action Soldier and Action Marine boxes and the Astro Locker's blue matched the Action Pilot's blue "GI JOE". Based on that, I wondered if the Aqua Locker might be the teal color of the Action Sailor's "GI JOE". Apparently, it is probably close enough to go with that theory.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                      galactic yo-yo
                      • Apr 6, 2006

Originally posted by Brown Bear
                      I’ve been looking for a blonde beardless fuzzy Joe that’s affordable; even just the head.
                      There's one on Ebay for $75 with a repro box.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Makernaut
                        Thanks! Much appreciated!

That backs up a theory I had. I noticed the red of the Adventure Locker matched the red "GI JOE" on the 1964 Action Soldier and Action Marine boxes and the Astro Locker's blue matched the Action Pilot's blue "GI JOE". Based on that, I wondered if the Aqua Locker might be the teal color of the Action Sailor's "GI JOE". Apparently, it is probably close enough to go with that theory.

Clever theory and good observation.

After I got the repro Aqua locker, I had a great idea to commission an AT version, but it was too expensive.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

Clever theory and good observation.

After I got the repro Aqua locker, I had a great idea to commission an AT version, but it was too expensive.
                          that would be easy with a Adventure locker repro set and some yellow paint along with an old locker. Just plain yellow with a big AT emblem on he lid? Use the Adventure locker inside litho and it matches with a original tray. I end up with a lot of spares off ebay.
                          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

That's a good idea. I was going to do a black footlocker with the lid art from the triptych from the Sears Super Adventure set or Deluxe Adventure set.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

Too bad Hasbro didn't do a locker for each branch of the service in 64.
                              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• jwyblejr
                                galactic yo-yo
                                • Apr 6, 2006

Here's my latest. Just came in yesterday.

IMG_0136.jpg

Got a couple Land Adventurers and an Eagle Eyes in pieces coming in today. The other Eagle Eyes I have,the flock was in bad shape so I'll strip him and make a custom Sea Adventurer.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎