Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marvel has SEVEN movies coming out this year?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by emeraldknight47
    Phoenix/Dark Phoenix being perhaps my favorite MARVEL character, see my comment above as to how it sounds like they’re already mucking up a story which was laid out for them pretty neatly by the comics; very little canoodling required, especially the additions of Magneto and Mystique. Can they EVER make an X-MEN movie sans those two...?
    I hear ya, but sadly we're NEVER going to get an exact comic book to Movie translation...I gave up on that idea a loooooong time ago. We'll never get the same line up of X-Men from the Comics, because the Studio uses the characters they feel are most popular to tell the story. Hence, Wolverine has been EVERY single one of the X-Men movies. So yeah, I've learned to live with and except that. I know Magneto & Mystique we not in the Dark Phoenix Saga, but they will be in this one...just like in "Days of Future Past" it was Kitty who went back in time NOT Wolverine...but ya know what? I still LOVE that movie version for what is.
    sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ And no Wolverine?? He was fairly integral to the Dark Phoenix storyline in the comics. Seems like this would be the right time to recast the character.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• The Bat
        Batman Fanatic
        • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by thunderbolt
        ^^^ And no Wolverine?? He was fairly integral to the Dark Phoenix storyline in the comics. Seems like this would be the right time to recast the character.
        Agreed! And here's the Guy they should get...Scott Eastwood!

sigpic

Comment

• pmwasson
          Maker
          • Sep 12, 2007

I think it would be cool if they had X-23 be Wolverine in the movies for awhile.
          sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by The Bat

http://www.megomuseum.com/mmgallery/...&c=3&userid=38
            That appeals to me.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

Shouldn’t Logan be a 200 year old who looks perpetually 50...and is 5’ 3” tall?
              sigpic

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by Hector
                Shouldn’t Logan be a 200 year old who looks perpetually 50...and is 5’ 3” tall?
                And really hairy, too! LOL!
                sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

Yeah, that too, lol...
                  sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

http://www.megomuseum.com/mmgallery/...&c=3&userid=38
                    Umm, no. find an undertall non pretty boy for a change.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• huedell
                      Museum Ball Eater
                      • Dec 31, 2003

Umm, no. find an undertall non pretty boy for a change.
                      As much as that makes sense in the realm of authenticity, it seems unrealistic as far as the current state state of the franchise dating back to 2011.

Ultimately, I think they'll be looking at it as getting a young Hugh Jackman simply because that's the approach they took with young Magneto/Charles/Mystique etc.

As far as authenticity, its too bad they couldn't find a way to set it in 1980 which was the year it actually occurred in real life. Looks like they're going for 1992 which might contribute in pushing the production in a more authentic direction. But, who knows.

Bottom line? This is an opportunity like no other had yet for the cinematic part of the X-Men franchise to make a statement regarding a focus on taking the cinematic X-Men to higher heights artistically going forward.

If this "redux" comes up lemons after the risk of revisiting this classic comicbook story (following the much bashed X-Men 3) in the theatre, IMHO it'll look BAD for X-Men, not just for their cinematic presence, but for the X-Men brand overall.
                      "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• The Bat
                        Batman Fanatic
                        • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by huedell
                        If this "redux" comes up lemons after the risk of revisiting this classic comicbook story (following the much bashed X-Men 3) in the theatre, IMHO it'll look BAD for X-Men, not just for their cinematic presence, but for the X-Men brand overall.

I agree Hue...they're taking a 2nd crack at this story and if they don't get it right...it doesn't bode well for future X-Men movies.
                        sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

The future looks better for the XMen now that it will be back in with most of Marvel. And it looks like Singer is on the outs with Fox so that is good news, too. I'd expect a hard reboot down the line or see them and/or the FF dropped into a Disney movie as an intro ala Spider-Man

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 20, 2011

The future looks better for the XMen now that it will be back in with most of Marvel. And it looks like Singer is on the outs with Fox so that is good news, too. I'd expect a hard reboot down the line or see them and/or the FF dropped into a Disney movie as an intro ala Spider-Man
                            I read comments from Kevin Feige that the X-MEN will likely not show up in the MCU proper until at least 2020, which would make sense since the DISNEY/FOX deal still has to go through all the legal and government hoop-jumping. I’m also in the school of thought that MARVEL STUDIOS will likely do a hard reboot of the franchise, especially if X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX is not particularly well received. Too early to even think of casting, but the casting folks, along with Feige and the producers/directors at MARVEL STUDIOS, are usually pretty good at casting/finding folks who can embody their characters pretty well.

As for the FF’s intro into the MCU, they’ve got two great avenues to use that would still allow the FF to retain their long and storied history as the MCU’s first superheroes (after Cap, of course). Either have them return to the present after being displaced in time somehow fighting someone like Kang the Conqueror or, even better, via Doctor Doom’s time platform. Or, have them finally return to Earth after having been either exploring or trapped in the Negative Zone perhaps with Annihilus hot on their trail. Of course, once they’re back, it would be the perfect setup for the introduction of Namor (whom I’m sure Disney could arrange to borrow from UNIVERSAL given enough $$$) as well as finally bringing The Silver Surfer and Galactus to Earth.
                            sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

2020 is only two years off, that would be about right lead time wise to work them in somewhere. I bet Disney/Marvel is already working on casting

Comment

• huedell
                                Museum Ball Eater
                                • Dec 31, 2003

I agree Hue...they're taking a 2nd crack at this story and if they don't get it right...it doesn't bode well for future X-Men movies.
                                We COULD take the approach that everything'll be just fine once they're dropped into the MCU.

I'd buy that.

I guess I just can't shake the significance of the decision to invest in a story with origins so celebrated/valued that has so much attention on it due it's relatively recent controversial X3 release.... guess I should just chalk it up as its all just the product of weird timing in the industry, where the "Hey, let's make use of our Days of Future Past re-boot in a productive (but risky) way." attitude intertwines with the sentiment of "Wow, we didn't expect Disney would be starting organization of their takeover by the time this film's released."

Either way.... I think its great so many superhero movies are being made.

And, yes, fatigue of some sort COULD set in...

But.... folks.... the damage has been done.... in our favor....

WE (the superhero fandom) ARE IN THE BLOODSTREAM (of major media mythology)...

...and we may stagger.... but we'll never shrink to the point where someone worthy won't be there to satiate us in a MAJOR way.

"No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎