Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marvel has SEVEN movies coming out this year?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WannabeMego
    Made in the USA
    • May 2, 2003

First Four without a second thought...I'm there:

Black Panther
    Avengers: Infinity War
    Deadpool 2
    Ant-Man and the Wasp

...Last Three, it depends, but most likely 'No'...of those three, MAYBE '
    Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse'.
    Everyone is Entitled to MY Opinion...Your's, not so much!

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

the only one I might see in theaters is Avengers. I just don't like going to theaters anymore. I'd rather wait for Bluray and watch it in my own house, on my own TV chair with a cold beer in my hand

Comment

• huedell
        Museum Ball Eater
        • Dec 31, 2003

Feb 16, Black Panther
        "Neat costume" sums up this character for me... never knew much about him otherwise... and his Civil War appearance didn't get me thinking any differently.

May 4, Avengers: Infinity War
        Hard to not be excited about this... although there seems to be more re-imagining of these Marvel movie characters just as I'm now getting used to them, and I don't know if I like that too much--- yes I'm that audience your nerd brothers warned you about. Hopefully Holland and Hulk will share a moment or two. Better yet---hopefully there'll be a Spidey/Hulk team-up movie down the line.

May 18, Deadpool 2
        Hmmmm. He's alright. I'd like him better if they shoehorned him into "the real Marvel world" i like the "shared" part of this whole shared universe thing

July 6, Ant-Man and the Wasp
        Best in-company solo movie... my hopes are high for the sequel.

Oct 5, Venom
        no Spidey... no likey.

Nov 2, X-Men: Dark Phoenix
        Couldn't be less interested. Let's get those cameos emeraldknight mentioned... then I might look at it.

Dec 14, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
        Although I'm not that interested in crazy parallel universe stuff for Spidey... I admire their move here. Grow the brand, baby! Grow the brand!
        "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• LordMudd
          Persistent Member
          • Aug 22, 2011

I am looking forward to Ant Man and the Wasp.

If memory serves, the Spiderverse began with the Siege Perilous which is a Doctor Strange thing, so maybe special appearance?

CCC.

Comment

• toothaction
            Career Member
            • Jul 15, 2017

Can't skip any of the Marvel Brand! Marvel movies, that would be like missing 3 whole episodes of that show you kind of like, but the rest of them that aren't named Deadpool won't be getting my financial support.
            >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
              Muddling through
              • Oct 4, 2008

everything is on disc in 4 months so most movies I just wait and buy it for slightly more than a movie ticket costs and I watch it in the comfort of my own home and can watch it when I want and as often

Comment

• C.H.O.A.M.
                learning all the time
                • Sep 15, 2010

Originally posted by emeraldknight47
                Of all the movies listed, I would love to say the one I am most excited about is X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX, but I already know that, while it likely CAN’T do that character any greater a disservice than the Ratman did in THE LAST STAND, it’s STILL not going to be MY beloved Dark Phoenix saga simply from the comments I’ve read from the director and from the fact that the movie (once again) seemingly revolves around Xavier, Magneto and Mystique, the latter of the two having absolutely ZERO to do with the storyline in the X-MEN comics. The storyline featured single panel cameos from the likes of Spidey, Doctor Strange and even the Silver Surfer, but neither Magneto nor Mystique were even mentioned (heck, if memory serves, Mystique hadn’t even been created at the time of the Dark Phoenix saga).
                WHAT?? I thought they were doing the real phoenix saga this time?????
                why do it again if not to do it the right way??

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by C.H.O.A.M.
                  WHAT?? I thought they were doing the real phoenix saga this time?????
                  why do it again if not to do it the right way??
                  Methinks that we’ll have to let ALL the legal smoke clear from the Disney/FOX merger, then likely wait another ten years before MARVEL STUDIOS wants to tackle the material, hopefully properly, again. Lessee, that will likely put me at about 68 when the REAL Dark Phoenix saga makes it on to screens! LOL!
                  sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• cjefferys
                    Duke of Gloat
                    • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by WannabeMego
                    First Four without a second thought...I'm there:

Black Panther
                    Avengers: Infinity War
                    Deadpool 2
                    Ant-Man and the Wasp
                    Me too, I'm planning to see these in the theatre with the wife and kids (well, no kids for Deadpool 2 of course!). As for the other films, I'm gonna need to see some reviews first.

Comment

• The Bat
                      Batman Fanatic
                      • Jul 14, 2002

Since animated movies made it into the mix, I'm going to include...The Incredibles!!!! I LOVED the first one and have waited a long time for this sequel.
                      sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by The Bat
                        Since animated movies made it into the mix, I'm going to include...The Incredibles!!!! I LOVED the first one and have waited a long time for this sequel.
                        that's not Marvel.
                        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Hector
                          el Hombre de Acero
                          • May 19, 2003

Tom Hardy’s Venom will have Carnage as his adversary...and it’s going to be rated R...that’s one guaranteed movie theater ticket purchase from me.
                          sigpic

Comment

• The Bat
                            Batman Fanatic
                            • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                            that's not Marvel.

D'oh!! Spaced out...LOL! They sure remind of The Fantastic Four though.
                            sigpic

Comment

• The Bat
                              Batman Fanatic
                              • Jul 14, 2002

I guess I'm one of the few that's in the Camp that's looking forward to X-Men: Dark Phoenix. I like the new cast and I hoping that they get it right...I guess we'll see.
                              sigpic

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                                Talkative Member
                                • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by The Bat
                                I guess I'm one of the few that's in the Camp that's looking forward to X-Men: Dark Phoenix. I like the new cast and I hoping that they get it right...I guess we'll see.
                                Phoenix/Dark Phoenix being perhaps my favorite MARVEL character, see my comment above as to how it sounds like they’re already mucking up a story which was laid out for them pretty neatly by the comics; very little canoodling required, especially the additions of Magneto and Mystique. Can they EVER make an X-MEN movie sans those two...?
                                sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎