Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marvel has SEVEN movies coming out this year?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

Marvel has SEVEN movies coming out this year?

This is gonna be their biggest year yet...I am stoked to see every single one of these.

Feb 16, Black Panther
    May 4, Avengers: Infinity War
    May 18, Deadpool 2
    July 6, Ant-Man and the Wasp
    Oct 5, Venom
    Nov 2, X-Men: Dark Phoenix
    Dec 14, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
  • Mego Milk
    Custom Mego Maker
    • Jun 3, 2007

sounds about right.

right?

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

If this doesn't bring on superhero fatigue nothing will.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Mr.Marion
        Permanent Member
        • Sep 15, 2014

Can't say I share your enthusiasm. I might see one of them in the theaters tho.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
          HULK SMASH!
          • Apr 3, 2010

From that list, I'm most interested in the three that are actually being produced by Marvel Studios.
          PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Hedji
            Citizen of Gotham
            • Nov 17, 2012

^Agreed with that, absolutely. Marvel Studios does it best. But if we're complaining about too many Superhero movies, it may be time to turn in our geek cards.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

If they're good, I won't be fatigued. I'm all-in for Black Panther, of course Ant-Man & Wasp, and perhaps Spidey.

I sure don't think Marvel is perfect, but I sure do wish DC had their act together like movie Marvel does. I'm interested to see how Disney will influence the MCU.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

I gots the fatigue, I'll probably see the "Marvel Brand Marvel" movies in the theatre though, cause....kids....
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• fallensaviour
                  Talkative Member
                  • Aug 28, 2006

They seem pretty spaced out I’m sure I’ll be taking my son to most of them.
                  “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 20, 2011

Of all the movies listed, I would love to say the one I am most excited about is X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX, but I already know that, while it likely CAN’T do that character any greater a disservice than the Ratman did in THE LAST STAND, it’s STILL not going to be MY beloved Dark Phoenix saga simply from the comments I’ve read from the director and from the fact that the movie (once again) seemingly revolves around Xavier, Magneto and Mystique, the latter of the two having absolutely ZERO to do with the storyline in the X-MEN comics. The storyline featured single panel cameos from the likes of Spidey, Doctor Strange and even the Silver Surfer, but neither Magneto nor Mystique were even mentioned (heck, if memory serves, Mystique hadn’t even been created at the time of the Dark Phoenix saga).
                    sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Hector
                      el Hombre de Acero
                      • May 19, 2003

Deadpool 2 is the must see for me.

I'm very curious about Venom, as it's likely going to be rated R, and star the always excellent Tom Hardy.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                        Banned
                        • Jun 23, 2001

The only 3 of these movies I will see in the theater are:

Feb 16, Black Panther
                        May 4, Avengers: Infinity War
                        July 6, Ant-Man and the Wasp

I could care less about X-Men or X-Men related movies...same goes for Spidey. Burnt out on X-men back in the 90's with the hundred different titles they came out with comic book wise...so the movies don't mean anything to me. Never was a Spider-Man fan. Haven't seen any of the Spider-Man movies past the Toby McQuire original 3...and I watched all 3 of those when they eventually came out on DVD. The only other thing that list reminds me to do is put up my CGC graded Spidey 300 on Ebay and get my Spidey 316 graded for sale as well as my Web Of Spider-Man 18 graded to sell

Comment

• jwyblejr
                          galactic yo-yo
                          • Apr 6, 2006

I'll be more hyped when Disney releases whatever movie they have to bring in the characters they got from Fox.

Comment

• MRP
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jul 19, 2016

I am super-hyped for Black Panther,who is possibly my second favorite Marvel hero (Doc Strange is first, Panther and Ghost Rider vie for second) and the trailers have been incredible. I am also all in on Infinity War. My wife is the huge X-Men fan, so we'll see Dark Phoenix, and I am probably in for Ant-Man and Wasp as well.

I despise the character of Deadpool and still haven't seen the first one, so no chance I see that one in the theatres. Not a fan of Venom either so likely won't see that in theatres but might on DVD/Blueray at some point.

Into the Spider-Verse is the animated feature spotlighting Miles Morales, and I was intrigued by the first trailer, but the animation is going to have to be spectacular for me to see it in the theatre. It's a definite home view at least though.

Meanwhile on the DC side, the only one I have seen in the theatres since Man of Steel is Wonder Woman and I won't see another in theatres until Wonder Woman 2 is out.

Fatigue has nothing to do with it for me though, entertainment value has everything to do with it though. I won;t go see it or not go see it just because it is a super-hero flick, but if it looks entertainig to me and is something I might like and will be better experienced on the big screen, I go see it in theatres, if I am interested but don;t think seeing it on the big screen will matter, it is a home view, and if it doesn't look entertaining or I expect I will come out upset I will never get those two hours of my life back (the way I felt about BvS and Suicide Squad) I'll skip it no matter what the genre or the characters featured.

-M
                            "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                              Verbose Member
                              • Mar 7, 2004

I can't see Venom making it out this year. Didn't they just start filming it? Or have they even started yet?

I'm in for all the MCU films. My son is hyped for Into the Spider-Verse animated film, and it does look good. Deadpool is a must for us.

X-Men? I forgot Apocalypse as soon as I walked out of the theater. Not into this new cast, particularly this Jean Grey. Hinging a movie on her is kind of...eh for me. I may see it, but if I don't, no big shakes to me.

Chris
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎