Thread: Mezco Clockwork Orange

Blog Entries

Images
    As much as I admire the movie (and the quality of the Mezco figure for that matter), I still have mixed feelings about a Clockwork Orange action figure. I know these are collectibles and aren't being marketed to 6 year olds... but still...

Wow, that's beautiful! The head with the broken nose in particular has a perfect likeness.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sprytel View Post
    As much as I admire the movie (and the quality of the Mezco figure for that matter), I still have mixed feelings about a Clockwork Orange action figure. I know these are collectibles and aren't being marketed to 6 year olds... but still...
    I hear you, it ain't going on my shelf either.

They will make figures of anything these days .

Who can resist an adorable Alex DeLarge figure, especially when he comes with his own glass of Moloko Plus. Awww.

You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

As much as I love the film (and I do!) I don't think I need this figure. And what, no penis sculpture included to bludgeon people with?

To be honest, I'm surprised that Medicom didn't make one of these figures as part of their Real Action Heroes line years ago.

Images
    I couldn't pre-order this fast enough!

Randy from the company NECA has talked about whether a character is "toyetic" and this particular figure is debatable. Obviously, Mezco did a great job with this figure as they've done with most of the others in this scale. Having read the book and seen the film, I don't see the cross-generational appeal "A Clockwork Orange" would have compared to a DC or Marvel character. Ultimately, I'll probably buy Alex to use as a villain with my Marvel and DC characters.