Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Big Jim Vs Zorak

Plaid Stallions Big Jim Vs Zorak

As much as I love this Big Jim, you knew the line was in some serious trouble when numerous wish books scaled their offering down to two characters.

I remember being kinda heartbroken in 1977 when I entered the Sears toy department and asked the clerk where the Big Jim stuff was, he turned to me and said "Oh, they don't make those anymore" in a "Vincent Price" kinda way.

My brilliant grandmother found a Jim on the clearance table and the day was saved.

However, that clerk was a dick, I was six and he was totally trying to make me cry.

Like our Facebook Page
    Check out our Instagram

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...

Cool pic. I have a similar story concerning Gijoe. My Zorak has the same face paint as the one in pic. Notice the green paint is not covering the whole face I think it's colored as if it was changing before our eyes. Most of the ones I have seen are all colored totally green. Anyone else notice this?

I've always wanted a Zorak.

Zorak is awesome, he was the last Big Jim figure I purchased as a kid.

Images
    I was never into the Big Jim lines, never had any of them as a kid. although I did have some of the accessories and vehicles from one thing or another

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Mego View Post
    I've always wanted a Zorak.
    Me, too!
    WANTED: POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Very cool thread

Quote Originally Posted by Neutron X View Post
    Cool pic. I have a similar story concerning Gijoe. My Zorak has the same face paint as the one in pic. Notice the green paint is not covering the whole face I think it's colored as if it was changing before our eyes. Most of the ones I have seen are all colored totally green. Anyone else notice this?
    All the ones I've been looking at, and the image on the box-art, seem to have a gradation of the green paint.

Iron Mego- Your right! I think I have this figured out. It seems that Zoraks made in other countries have all green faces. When I checked all my pics it appears that way.

Images
    Neat. Man E Faces immediately springs to my mind when I see those figures. It is really cool how much of Big Jim lived on in MOTU. Stuff like Battlecat, Zoar and even Webstor's grappling hook all came from Big Jim. Big Jim did borrow from MOTU at least once though. The 1983 All-Terrain Vehicle from the Big Jim Spy line used the treads and motorized action feature from the MOTU Attak Trak.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...