X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Teemu
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 15, 2010

66 Batman penguin goons on S-types

Well, I managed to get these on S-types and of course what a world of difference. The set does come with 3 bowler hats.

The pros- They look great on better bodies and after you fix them up a bit

Cons- This set is over-priced and is a HUGE disappointment is you plan on staying with these FTC bodies.Floppiness all over with these.

They gave the GOON shirt to that crappy skinny body, So if you plan on making your own GOON using the G.O.O.N shirt, you can pretty much forget it. Still working on it,but it doesn't look good. Haven't fixed the female Moll

Edit- I managed to get the GOON shirt on- Yes! Now I need to order black pants to make this work- Thanks FTC, more money spent

100_8480.jpg100_8484.jpg100_8487.jpg100_8491.jpg
    Last edited by Teemu; Jan 22, '18, 5:22 PM.
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

The crap heads ruin it for me. Easy pass.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Teemu
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by thunderbolt
      The crap heads ruin it for me. Easy pass.
      actually the heads don't look bad at all once the hats are on...the eye masks and hats cover up alot. Of course,you miss the point of the post and upgrade

Comment

• Mego Milk
        Custom Mego Maker
        • Jun 3, 2007

looking good.

Comment

• RCB Mego
          • Mar 28, 2010

Thank you for sharing, looks good! I just want only one of each henchmen set, but FTC may not sell or part out that way,

Comment

• TrekStar
            Trek or Treat
            • Jan 20, 2011

Hopefully in the near future you can get the clothes for the henchmen separately, then you can do one of each
            with your own head choices and bodies, but make sure masks and hats fit properly on the head you choose.

Comment

• Teemu
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by tjacwave50
              Hopefully in the near future you can get the clothes for the henchmen separately, then you can do one of each
              with your own head choices and bodies, but make sure masks and hats fit properly on the head you choose.
              The masks should fit on any head because of the elastic band. The bowler hats are a tight fit. Anything bigger than these heads likely will not fit. Will FTC sells these pieces separate?...maybe,maybe not.I will say if you plan on buying G.O.O.N shirts,it's not east getting the shirt on the regular bodies since this was sewn to fit the skinny body (which is awful). I wish FTC would stop using it.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Teemu
                actually the heads don't look bad at all once the hats are on...the eye masks and hats cover up alot. Of course,you miss the point of the post and upgrade
                sure they do, AJ heads are a really poor choice and really don't fit in with the rest of the 66 line. I was wanting to see these out of the box. As far as the "upgrade" that doesn't interest me. The masks won't help with Joker's or Catwoman's henchmen. Also, the Penguin set is inaccurate. The henchmen that were in the episode with that moll were Shark, Octopus and Swordfish.
                Last edited by thunderbolt; Jan 23, '18, 4:49 AM.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Teemu
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 15, 2010

sure they do, AJ heads are a really poor choice and really don't fit in with the rest of the 66 line. I was wanting to see these out of the box. As far as the "upgrade" that doesn't interest me. The masks won't help with Joker's or Catwoman's henchmen. Also, the Penguin set is inaccurate. The henchmen that were in the episode with that moll were Shark, Octopus and Swordfish.
                  The Goons were generic "side actors" ...do the heads really matter that much when the heads and masks mostly cover their faces? They fit in just fine. Sounds to me you need something to complain about so you won't spend the money.

As far as accuracy, The henchman characters that hung around Penguin were indeed named Hawkeye and Sparrow, plus G.O.O.N (look it up).So it's not inaccurate. (The black gloves are inaccurate)

Out of the box,the figures are not good, but after putting them on the S-type, it changes the game as it always does.

100_8492.jpg

Comment

• rlkrefft
                    Veteran Member
                    • Mar 14, 2010

Actually Hawkeye and Sparrow did wear gloves and masks, but the G.O.O.N.s did not wear masks or gloves. In fact, I think only In Penguin’s first 2 part episode did his henchmen ever wear masks.

Comment

• rlkrefft
                      Veteran Member
                      • Mar 14, 2010

I bought all the sets (minus Mr. Freeze) and I love them. I do hope at some point they add the parts on the site because I would love another GOON (even if on the skinny body) and then I would make up my own Mr. Freeze henchmen.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Teemu
                        The Goons were generic "side actors" ...do the heads really matter that much when the heads and masks mostly cover their faces? They fit in just fine. Sounds to me you need something to complain about so you won't spend the money.

As far as accuracy, The henchman characters that hung around Penguin were indeed named Hawkeye and Sparrow, plus G.O.O.N (look it up).So it's not inaccurate. (The black gloves are inaccurate)

Out of the box,the figures are not good, but after putting them on the S-type, it changes the game as it always does.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22247[/ATTACH]
                        here read it yourself

Hawkeye and Sparrow were in a different episode.

I would spend the money if they were accurate, since they aren't 500 bucks saved.

Comment

• Teemu
                          Persistent Member
                          • Dec 15, 2010

Yeah,different episode,but they were with the penguin regardless in another episode,so they are accurate

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

I'd like to see the fit of the caps for Catwoman's henchmen.
                            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• scott metzger
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 9, 2007

I've been holding off on these thus far, and likely wouldn't switch bodies if I got them. Kind of defeats the idea of them having three different builds, but I know the thin body is sorta floppy, so I can see some folks not being crazy about that one. The AJ heads on all really do bring the sets down a lot; I likely wouldn't change bodies, but I'd be very tempted to change some heads.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎