Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Madcap70
    • Dec 4, 2017

Hydrospan & Hydroshrink Question

I got both of these items and I have a problem with the hydroshrink when it comes to making a mold:

I put either a small holder or toothpick in puddy then attach it to the hydroshrink but then after I poured the mold the hydroshrink splits in half making it useless...

Is there some kind of armature etc. that you need to slip the hydroshrink/span into so that it doesn't split???

Last edited by Madcap70; Jan 21, '18, 6:52 PM.
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

Are you trying to make a mold that shrinks?

Comment

• Madcap70
      • Dec 4, 2017

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
      Are you trying to make a mold that shrinks?
      No I took it out of the water when it was the right size and made a mold of it...I've done this before but his time after I poured the mold I heard a sound and saw the hydroshrink material split in half in the mold...

Comment

• Madcap70
        • Dec 4, 2017

So no one really uses this on this site (I searched)

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

At least a few do; they may not have posted such on technical issues.

Did you check the museum customMego tutorials? There might be one there that is helpful.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Madcap70
            • Dec 4, 2017

Originally posted by PNGwynne
            At least a few do; they may not have posted such on technical issues.

Did you check the museum customMego tutorials? There might be one there that is helpful.
            Yes I did it didn't help the one question I need to ask no one can answer...You should be able to mount it down to something that won't make it split and will keep it fastened down...

Comment

• megowgsh
              Customego HoF Curator
              • Nov 19, 2003

It would be helpful if you would post pictures of your process because from your description I literally have no idea of what you are trying to do and I have been enlarging and shrinking heads for close to 15 years. Thanks.
              Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                Often invisible
                • Jul 18, 2002

I intended to help as well, but I couldn't figure out what you were trying to do. It sounded like you were trying to jam a toothpick into the part and then wondering why it split. Is that the case?
                Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎