X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Teemu
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by C.H.O.A.M.
    wow that fig is looking worse and worse still. I really wanted it but now I'm not so sure.
    between the forehead, the height, crappy body, messed up hair, unpainted claws...

so she's the same height as batgirl? and is her suit as shiny as batgirl's? catwoman's suit should be shiny.
    She is a little taller because of her high forehead,but not by much and yes Catwoman's suit is shiny....

Comment

• C.H.O.A.M.
      learning all the time
      • Sep 15, 2010

Originally posted by Teemu
      She is a little taller because of her high forehead,but not by much and yes Catwoman's suit is shiny....
      ok, well that's something I guess.
      I still think ftc should offer a mail in replacement of bobble heads for correctly sized ones but I know it'll never happen.

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

wow that fig is looking worse and worse still. I really wanted it but now I'm not so sure.
        between the forehead, the height, crappy body, messed up hair, unpainted claws...

so she's the same height as batgirl? and is her suit as shiny as batgirl's? catwoman's suit should be shiny.
        not as shiny as Batgirl.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• C.H.O.A.M.
          learning all the time
          • Sep 15, 2010

Originally posted by thunderbolt
          not as shiny as Batgirl.
          ugh.
          sooooooo...
          she's too tall, her suit is lackluster, her forehead is gigantic, head overall too big, body sucks, belt needs adjusting, terrible hair, claws need to be painted...
          did I leave anything out? oh yeah, it doesn't even look like her, yet somehow most of the other figs in the '66 line look terrific.
          if I didn't already have a custom catwoman mego style box I would just say "pass"

and you can't shrink the heads like you could shrink the old vinyl mego ones, correct? or is it because of the rooted hair?

Comment

• Teemu
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 15, 2010

not as shiny as Batgirl.
            she is shiny enough nothing makes you happy

Comment

• Teemu
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 15, 2010

ugh.
              sooooooo...
              she's too tall, her suit is lackluster, her forehead is gigantic, head overall too big, body sucks, belt needs adjusting, terrible hair, claws need to be painted...
              did I leave anything out? oh yeah, it doesn't even look like her, yet somehow most of the other figs in the '66 line look terrific.
              if I didn't already have a custom catwoman mego style box I would just say "pass"

and you can't shrink the heads like you could shrink the old vinyl mego ones, correct? or is it because of the rooted hair?
              She is not as bad as you are making her sound

100_8448.jpg100_8447.jpg

Comment

• TrekStar
                Trek or Treat
                • Jan 20, 2011

She does look better once you take the time to fix her up, but I agree with the opinions about the head size and the quality of the overall condition for the price you pay for it, but then again that's a chance you take when you buy from FTC, it's either a hit or miss.

Comment

• Goblin19
                  Talkative Member
                  • May 2, 2002

Is her forehead super big or is it that her hairline is too high? I can't decide. I got Eartha Kitt right away because I liked her better, but I'm still holding off on this one.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

she is shiny enough nothing makes you happy
                    Just stating a fact. The suit is not as sparkly as Batgirl. Nothing there about my happiness. At least her head only has one neck hole, but she does have a lot of extra forehead.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• C.H.O.A.M.
                      learning all the time
                      • Sep 15, 2010

She is not as bad as you are making her sound

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22259[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]22260[/ATTACH]
                      I agree that once the time (and $) is put into "fixing" them, your figs looks much better.
                      my gripe is that the line has severely declined.
                      I don't have $ to spend "fixing" a crappy fig that isn't cheap to begin with. at $30, she is extremely flawed, considering mego figs (adjusted for inflation) would cost about half that much today and had few to no quality control issues.
                      if the first four figs in the '66 line looked like bobbleheads that barely resembled the actors, I would've had lower expectations. but they looked fantastic. then something went very wrong.
                      (rant over)

I wouldn't care that much except I was really looking forward to this figure.

Comment

• C.H.O.A.M.
                        learning all the time
                        • Sep 15, 2010

Just stating a fact. The suit is not as sparkly as Batgirl. Nothing there about my happiness. At least her head only has one neck hole, but she does have a lot of extra forehead.
                        I wonder if some sort of glossy fixative could be sprayed on her costume to make it more "sparkly?"
                        just be careful it doesn't melt the fabric.
                        nothing you can do about that fivehead though

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

I wonder if some sort of glossy fixative could be sprayed on her costume to make it more "sparkly?"
                          nothing you can do about that fivehead though
                          It feels like really cheap material, so it might just melt if you did that. I need to take it to get it tighter on the figure

Comment

• houseofdracula
                            Veteran Member
                            • Nov 11, 2011

There is a glitter paint that'll make it look just like her real costume, I used this paint on the model kit.
                            However, I'm not too sure how well it'll work on cloth material, it might (as you say) melt the fabric.

Catwoman 002.jpg
                            Catwoman 016.jpg
                            Catwoman 017.jpg
                            Catwoman 005.jpg
                            Catwoman 012.jpg
                            The House of Dracula - Monster Model Museum.
                            https://www.facebook.com/houseofdracula

Comment

• C.H.O.A.M.
                              learning all the time
                              • Sep 15, 2010

that looks perfect.
                              if I wind up being the guinea pig, I'll try it on the back of the fig first

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎