X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MEMEGO
    Career Member
    • Sep 6, 2007

jUST RECEIVED BOTH BATMAN 66 catwomen & sUPERGIRL CLOTH PRINT FIGURES

I cant say enough bad things about these figures. First of all both catwomen have lose elbow joins, they do not stay up, this is due to the molded glove look. The entire forearm is one big glove which starts at the elbow. Terrible.
    The masks are to big, the eyes cant be alined correctly. The necklace tends to pop up and not lay flat as it should.
    The belt is now one piece, this as well as the new glove design make it almost imposible to even switch the body to a much better mego 40 yr design or a doctor mego body.
    The julie catwoman has catears, however the hair covers them so much to the point that they can not be seen.
    The supergirl suit is a bit long in the arms and baggie.
    The bodies can not stay straight whatsover, the hunch over or to the side or in the event that they can stand straight for a second, the ball joint sticks out of the back like a giant hump.

Theses figures are sadly crap. The company needs to correct these issues before they start selling them.
    These figures are costly and we the consummer should not spend more money to fix an issue the company should have resolved.
    I liked their first line they did however the quality control has been on the decline since.
    I for one give up on them.
    Stop putting out so many subpar figures, fix the issues then put more out and you will gain fans.
    I am truely angry and disappoint at these boot leg like figures.
    P.S. why does earth kitt Catwoman not have puples ?
    Last edited by MEMEGO; Jan 21, '18, 12:28 AM.
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

yeah, for the money we should get better than what they do. But at this point I would say they have no interest in improving product.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Teemu
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 15, 2010

Which is why I put these on much better bodies. Putting Catwoman on the Mattel body fixes the elbow joint issue. After the body exchange,some touch ups,and added accessories, the figures are not bad anymore. Yes,it's more expensive to do this,but if you want a collection that will stand the time, look good and not eventually fall apart, It must be done.

Comment

• darkbros
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 3, 2012

Originally posted by Teemu
        Which is why I put these on much better bodies. Putting Catwoman on the Mattel body fixes the elbow joint issue. After the body exchange,some touch ups,and added accessories, the figures are not bad anymore. Yes,it's more expensive to do this,but if you want a collection that will stand the time, look good and not eventually fall apart, It must be done.
        Dang!! It would be cheaper to just customize a RAH Cheetah than buy one of these. That’s what i’d Recommend. Wow.....
        Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
        https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------
        "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• tllgn
          Persistent Member
          • Feb 6, 2010

i like the catwomen figures ,do they have issues ? sure do ,a little teaking here and there is all it takes for the most part .Eartha should have a correct african-american
          body .and FTC sells those .i have one i will switch to,once i figure out how to change the forearm ,so as not to break it ,maybe stiffen it up a bit,so their not so loose.to place the necklace flate i used a transparent tiny rubber band around her and julie .( found them in my bags of retro parts from different figures ,and i found a very tiny one from a loose capt america set that i used to expose julies cat ears by placing it ear to ear which keeps her hair in place .although the female bodies are strung to tight ,i still like them and they can be just fine with adjustment into position ,i do this with all FTC female figures if they look akward.i put them back in their clamshells ,and they look good .the masks are a bit to large ,but they are what they are ,i just fiddle with them so they are on and can see their eyes .i also bought that screen printed supergirl .and the outfit is a bit baggy ,but like i did with the ftc isis,wonder women and a couple others ,a little rubberband thats hardly noticeable (transparent) tightens it up a bit ,makes them look much better .sometimes with all mego style figures a little work and you have a nice display either loose or in a clamshell package .so in my view its better then no catwomen at all thats for sure .i tweak a lot of my retro megos its part of the fun .the poison ivy figure was a difficult one to fiddle with ,her hair band braclets ,shoes kept falling off with every touch,her costume slipped down ,but got that one done added a green wonder girl necklace also .

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

I did away with the molded gloves completely. Can't do much about the giant forehead. I did reset the hair to show the cat ears and still need to paint the claws. Also redid the belt so it could ride on her hips like its supposed to. Its little things like that FTC should pay attention to and get right.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PeterRR
              Museum Super Collector
              • Jun 2, 2008

Save your money and buy Mezco 1/12. For the money you spend on these crappy figures it cost almost as much as a mezco to fix these figures with swapping bodies and gloves and most important thing time wasted. Figure Toys seem to be getting worse with their baggie uniforms and over size heads. I gave up on them a couple of years ago when the last figure I bought was the 66 Batgirl. I hated that figure. I'm a big 66 Batman fan .Hopefully mezco does a 66 Batman line. That would be awesome

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by PeterRR
                Save your money and buy Mezco 1/12. For the money you spend on these crappy figures it cost almost as much as a mezco to fix these figures with swapping bodies and gloves and most important thing time wasted. Figure Toys seem to be getting worse with their baggie uniforms and over size heads. I gave up on them a couple of years ago when the last figure I bought was the 66 Batgirl. I hated that figure. I'm a big 66 Batman fan .Hopefully mezco does a 66 Batman line. That would be awesome
                I would if they were Mego scale, Marvel Legends scale is a easy pass for me, not invested or interested at all in it. If they do a 66 line I highly doubt it will get anywhere near as deep as FTC got.

Comment

• scott metzger
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                  Also redid the belt so it could ride on her hips like its supposed to.
                  Um, what hips?

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by scott metzger
                    Um, what hips?
                    they are there, the suit needs to be retailored to be more snug on the Mattel body.

Comment

• rykerw1701
                      Persistent Member
                      • Aug 27, 2007

Yeah she's got a forehead like a Klingon. That sucks.

Comment

• C.H.O.A.M.
                        learning all the time
                        • Sep 15, 2010

they are there, the suit needs to be retailored to be more snug on the Mattel body.
                        so you swapped the body for a mattel body?
                        is that why she looks taller than the joker?

also, those 2 figs next to each other shows how the line has declined. remember how excited everyone was when they saw those first 4 figs?

Comment

• C.H.O.A.M.
                          learning all the time
                          • Sep 15, 2010

Originally posted by rykerw1701
                          Yeah she's got a forehead like a Klingon. That sucks.
                          lol, how much for a custom painted Newmar head? might be a future swap

has anyone tried shrinking an ftc bobblehead? I assume you can't shrink a rooted head???

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by C.H.O.A.M.
                            so you swapped the body for a mattel body?
                            is that why she looks taller than the joker?

also, those 2 figs next to each other shows how the line has declined. remember how excited everyone was when they saw those first 4 figs?
                            Its the boots, high heels.

Comment

• C.H.O.A.M.
                              learning all the time
                              • Sep 15, 2010

Its the boots, high heels.
                              wow that fig is looking worse and worse still. I really wanted it but now I'm not so sure.
                              between the forehead, the height, crappy body, messed up hair, unpainted claws...

so she's the same height as batgirl? and is her suit as shiny as batgirl's? catwoman's suit should be shiny.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎