Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amazon Prime is streaming 26 seasons of the original Dark Shadows.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Amazon Prime is streaming 26 seasons of the original Dark Shadows.

All 1225 episodes of Dark Shadows free to watch with a prime membership.

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Iron Mego
    Wake Up Heavy
    • Jan 31, 2010

May start watching now. They previously only had select seasons. I remember being enthralled by this show when I was a kid. Watched some awhile back and was struck at how awful a lot of the acting was.
    Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• cjefferys
      Duke of Gloat
      • Apr 23, 2006

I'd love to finally start watching this show, but 1225 episodes? Damn, with all the other unwatched stuff I need to see, I just don't have the time for this kind of commitment! Maybe I can cherry pick, are there any seasons that are especially good?

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

I skipped the non-Barnabas episodes and started last night! I watched the show when I could back in during high school summer breaks on Sci Fi after my Dad had talked about it for years. I have some of those compilation DVDS, but it's great to watch the whole episodes again!

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
          I skipped the non-Barnabas episodes and started last night!
          Same here.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

Interesting that they don't immediately reveal that Barnabas is a vampire. We're not even told the hidden tomb Willie found belonged to Barnabas. Yes, it's easy to infer, but I'm enjoying the suspenseful slow reveal that A. Barnabas is the ORIGINAL Barnabas from the portrait B. He's a vampire. and C. Willie is essentially his Renfield.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• Iron Mego
              Wake Up Heavy
              • Jan 31, 2010

When do the Barnabus episodes start? Think I'll pass on the others as well.
              Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Iron Mego
                When do the Barnabus episodes start? Think I'll pass on the others as well.
                Start with episode 210.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

The show is grouped in a strange way. The Barnabas episodes start with "Collection 1". The previous episodes are called "The Beginning" Collection. Very hard to figure out. Why not just do years, since there aren't really "seasons" for a soap opera?

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• Iron Mego
                    Wake Up Heavy
                    • Jan 31, 2010

Originally posted by Werewolf
                    Start with episode 210.
                    Thanks!
                    Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                      The show is grouped in a strange way. The Barnabas episodes start with "Collection 1". The previous episodes are called "The Beginning" Collection. Very hard to figure out. Why not just do years, since there aren't really "seasons" for a soap opera?

Chris
                      I think in a way it's like story arcs in comics/graphic novels. Storylines grouped by theme: Barnabas becomes human, the werewolf, the monster, Quentin and the ghosts, time travel to different eras. They really did a lot in five years.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎