X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Superman's red trunks return!

I generally don't post in this section but this is too good of news not to pass on.

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

Yay! Great news!

Comment

• Joshua the Atomic Robot
      Veteran Member
      • Aug 14, 2012

In honor of this news I propose that everyone wear their underwear on the outside when this comic is published on April 18th. Work, school, on the town... April 18th is "Where Your Underwear on the Outside of Your Clothes Day!" Mark your calendars!

Comment

• knight errant00
        8 Inch Action Figure
        • Nov 15, 2005

Yay, indeed! A long overdue re-think of a not-so-good decision made to appease a small and snarky group of vocal fans.

SPOILERS

When I saw Justice League, when Superman reappeared toward the end, I had this flash of hope he'd be in his trunks. Now, THAT would have been a great way to signal their return!

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

This makes me so happy, maybe there's hope for DC yet.

Now I can almost ignore comic Aquaman's beard...
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
            HULK SMASH!
            • Apr 3, 2010

Fantastic news.

PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

The Superman books have been really good for the past year and a half, but this is still a VERY welcome return. Not just for nostalgia, but for design aesthetic's sake. You need the red to break up all the blue. Modern creators need to realize these looks withstood the test of time for a reason. Don't mess with success.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• toothaction
                Career Member
                • Jul 15, 2017

>>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                  Often invisible
                  • Jul 18, 2002

That look is so balanced and iconic.
                  Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• TrekStar
                    Trek or Treat
                    • Jan 20, 2011

I'm happy with it since I grew up with the traditional look, also love the group shot with all the classic past Superman characters. Wondering if Batman will be next to go back to his briefs?

Comment

• hedrap
                      Permanent Member
                      • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                      The Superman books have been really good for the past year and a half, but this is still a VERY welcome return. Not just for nostalgia, but for design aesthetic's sake. You need the red to break up all the blue. Modern creators need to realize these looks withstood the test of time for a reason. Don't mess with success.

Chris
                      This exactly. The vfx guys I've talked to say a lot of changes are based on designers/producers/directors wanted to mark their territory and the decisions are purely subjective.

That's crazy when you consider Snyder was the guy whose claim to fame was doing 1:1 panel-to-frame translations. You can't do that for an original story, but he could have at least held to the bible core ala Timm.

Still the worse thing about the DCU is the lack of inclusion of Dini, Timm and Ross or simply not following the Injustice design template.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by Bruce Banner
                        Fantastic news.

Yeeeesssssss!!!! Now THAT is Superman!!! Now, just put the Bat back in his blue-and-gray and the proper Bat symbol and the world will be right(ish) again!!!
                        sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                          Moderation Engineer
                          • Aug 14, 2003

So is he trying to be Marilyn Monroe or Spawn with his cape?

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                            Muddling through
                            • Oct 4, 2008

but is it just for the 1000th issue or is it permanent?

as far as Batman, his suit has been changed so many times that him having or not having the underwear doesn't matter anymore

Comment

• libby 1957dog
                              Persistent Member
                              • Sep 3, 2009

Originally posted by toothaction
                              haha thanks for the repost ,i took these picture a few years ago and forgot about them

glad to see the trunks back

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎