Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kingdom warrior
    OH JES!!
    • Jul 21, 2005

Good Thread.....many great points. I'm one that enjoys seeing all type of customs whether they are Mego or what mego would have done. It all fits....customisers also evolve pushing themselves to do things differently. Thunderbolt works in a 9 scale is it mego..No. is it Great.. Damn skippy it is. same goes with Blacknight,Type 3 Toys Captain Mego and many others. I work mostly in a 12 scale and once in a while I will post something that the guys and gals might like here...is it Mego No...but usually it's something fun to look at and something i want to share with a community of great people.

The Custom forum is hands down my favorite place on the museum. It's a place to see great works and get Ideas. I want to see all types of customs whether it's Mego or mego like...

Comment

• marbkwds
      Da Bronx Mego Collector
      • May 10, 2005

Originally posted by BlackKnight
      I was going to leave this alone.... Nore do I wish to Argue with you on any sorta a Level. However with all do respect Bro,.. Are you that Ignorant that you see no simiarities with your Thread,.. inwhich that was discussed in the Thread I posted a Link to ? Or perhaps I am too ignorant to see the bigger complaint. But to me,.. your in diseray over NON Megoesque Customs on a Mego Fourm. That I kinda think goes Hand & Hand with the other thread.
      Ok Maybe you are ignorant and thats ok , You can work on it . However "Bro" I never even saw the thread that you posted until you posted it so I wasn't trying to start anything with this thread as a continuation to some past grievences . My thing was just to say that since the custom area has grown from what it was , To what it is maybe it could have a separation of custom types ..... No Harm , No Foul .

If your a "Pureist" too, then I ask that threads like this don't get started, & everyones customs should be respected to somesorta degree who is a member of this site like everyone else does.
      I have every right to post this thread just as every other member has the right to post a thread and I have not disrespected ANY member here with the exception of you maybe . Maybe your just looking to have your ego stroked and if thats the case , OK , I have seen the figures that you posted and you are very talented when it comes to making figures . Keep up the good work , I really do mean that .

There are many More Non Megoesque customizers that like to share these day & be involved with the Hobby & This Forum Because of the Great Members of this site as well as the Great Members of the Custom section that some of us involve ourselves with,.. & for that.. I say "Shame On you" for Bringing this topic here.
      I have posted my stuff on the boards before , But not since the old Museum , As to the reason for that ........ Well it's my reason and I gon't feel the need to explain because you never saw anything I did but feel free to look up my name in the old Gallery ..... marbkwds . They are rather simple and probably not to your liking but there are a couple of Star Trek customs , a Mego sized clothing rack and also a couple of 2" miniatures that I painted . So lets put the shame thing behind us thats what you get when you ASSUME .

Besides,.. if the Mego Company would have lasted today & have been over 35yrs old,.. they would look like Marvel Legends with no cloth,.. & perhaps have some Retro Doc Style figures every now & then.
      This would be an opinion and we all know about those

There's about under 25 regular posters of Custom figures in this section of the Fourm. Ofcourse..Not counting of course anyone that wants to comment on someones Figure,.. or add this that & the other. People pour their Heart & soul into a figure. If you dislike seeing something,.. it's a click away from not commenting on something.
      Heres the Ignorance again , I NEVER said that I disliked ANYONES customs . I am sure you do put your heart and soul into your figures again they look Awesome and your right it is a click away from not commenting on something which is what you should have done when you first replied to this post .

Well,.. you can start with yourself. I dunno... I don't remember seeing any Customs presented here from you,.. perhaps I overlooked them. If thats the case, then I am sorry,.. However I do always find entertainment outta people that want to Pitch or DICK-tate how something should be presented or Ran,.. However never offer anything themselves. So nows your chance to lead the charge,.. I am sure those "Megoesque Spandex" Suits you were Inquiring from SpiderRogue will Help you in your Quest.
      Now heres where you started to throw me , I do accept your apology cause you have missed them but then you said and I quote you on this " I want to pitch or (and these are your words not mine) DICK-tate how something should be presented or ran " I did nothing of the sorts so at this point I'm thinking your very pompus but no thats probably just the cut of your Gem . Also maybe those Spandex Suits from SpiderRogure will help me in my quest but what are you trying to imply and on that note to who ..... Theres that Ignorance again

It wasn't my intent to come off Brass,.. or like an Arse if you become offended by any of this,... or anyone else for that Matter. I just felt that since My name was called,.. I'd Answer. You gave your 10bucks worth. Well,.. Here's my 2cents.
      You came off just as you meant I am not offended in any way and I hope that something good can come from this . I did not start this thread for the purpose of fighting just wanted to see what others thought about it and I did . Thanks for all of the responses and on my last thought , I still think it was a good thread just as so many other members did as well sorry that you thought it was something else but again thats just that ...... Ah forget it ...... On the real I am not upset or excited in ant way I just don't lie down to be chastized ......... Dude , I am sorry if you took this thread the wrong way and I really do like your customs Your very talented indeed ........ now you got your 10bucks worth so keep the 2cents .... best wishes , Roy
      Last edited by marbkwds; May 1, '08, 3:26 AM.

Comment

• marbkwds
        Da Bronx Mego Collector
        • May 10, 2005

Originally posted by Dave Mc
        Jason does make a valid point though. All you have to do to see more pure mego content around here, is help out by contributing some. I'm not ragging on anyone with that statement, just saying if you think more of something is needed, then you should be helping to provide the more of whatever it is. The threads on the forum are dictacted by what the community itself provides. If the community isn't providing these things, there can't be more of them.
        Dave , Your absolutly right and I will try to do just that , I have given it long thought so I will be trying to work on some stuff myself in the near future , I am only back here on the boards for about the last month or so . Everyday I am finding out about the many things that have been going on here on the boards . I left the boards for awhile for reasons that are my own . But I am Happy to be back ..... I still need to get you those pictures of my PegLeg figures with each having the peg leg on a different side ..... Roy

Comment

• marbkwds
          Da Bronx Mego Collector
          • May 10, 2005

Originally Posted by marbkwds
          I guess maybe if for nothing else I was trying to spark some people to make some customs that look more like what Mego's did ........... Who knows it might have worked , Only time will tell .......... Roy

Originally posted by drwhofan74
          It sure has. I decided to do my most recent series in the WWMD style, based on this thread.
          See , Thank you ......... Can't wait to see them .... By the way , What does WWMD stand for ? .... Roy
          Last edited by marbkwds; May 1, '08, 3:29 AM.

Comment

• marbkwds
            Da Bronx Mego Collector
            • May 10, 2005

Originally posted by jessica
            Roy, thanks for starting this thread which could easily spin out of control as it is such a hot button topic. Seeing custom Megos that look like they were hot out of the Mego factory from the 1970s is great for people who look upon Megos with nostalgia. I for one did not grow up with any Mego action figures, so I am not part of that camp. I must give my standing ovation, though, to the many customizers who push their work out of the Mego box. To see an action figure customized to the point where it looks like it could blink back at you just blows me away. But, that's just me.
            Your Welcome Jessica and I guess you were right It did easily spin out of control , I had no idea it would be a touchey subject though , I for one did have Mego's as a kid and maybe that's more the reason that I feel the way I do about Mego customs . I too stand next to you on the ovation ... Huge talents for figure making on ALL aspects ...... I am pretty sure that your Zira figure gave my the wink when Corney wasn't looking ...... They also looked outstanding ...... Congrats ........ Thanks for the input .... Roy

Comment

• The Bat
              Batman Fanatic
              • Jul 14, 2002

My 2 Cents: I make both styles...I go for the Megoesque look, usually when it's a Mego Figure I can't afford in good condition...at a decent price(Green Arrow or Aquaman for example)...or I don't care for Mego's original Head Sculpt.

So Yeah...I grew up with Megos, so the nostalgia factor is there for Me. However...as much as I love the RC Batman & Solid Head Batman Mego's...they are not good Batman Sculpts! My main goal as a Customizer was to make a more realistic looking Batman! And thanks to the many talented Customizers, Sculptors, Headshrinkers & enlargers...I was finally able to do that! Thanks Guys!!

Anyway...it's a big World, and a big community here at the Museum...I think there's plently of room for both styles, and We don't need a seperate Forum for it.
              sigpic

Comment

• drwhofan74
                Veteran Member
                • Jul 19, 2005

Originally posted by marbkwds
                Originally Posted by marbkwds
                I guess maybe if for nothing else I was trying to spark some people to make some customs that look more like what Mego's did ........... Who knows it might have worked , Only time will tell .......... Roy

See , Thank you ......... Can't wait to see them .... By the way , What does WWMD stand for ? .... Roy
                Sorry, it stands for "What Would Mego Do?" That's just how I describe my Megoesque customs.
                sigpic"Sorry for the noise. My pet cricket has restless leg syndrome."

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                  Banned
                  • Jun 23, 2001

Roy, I completely understand where you are going, or trying to go, with this thread...unfortunately some of the stuff recently has become "It is what it is..." I had the same argument about the "MEGO MARKETPLACE" section. "MEGO Marketplace" should mean just that...unfortunately it has become a dumping ground for DVD sales and other stuff that has nothing to do with Megos or action figures for that fact. It also may be the reason what some of the "old timers" have been posting Mego Flea Lists like in the old Yahoo forums. I understand your question/thread...but unfortunately it's not gonna change anything. BTW Roy...welcome back.

Comment

• megoscott
                    Founding Partner
                    • Nov 17, 2006

Would somebody do me a favor and go through the first 5 pages of Marketplace and Finished Customs and count the number of "Non-Mego" threads? I don't have time but I'm not seeing the invasion of heretics that some are claiming. I think there's a negative perception out there that's not grounded in reality.
                    This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• spiderrogue
                      new mego-er
                      • Feb 3, 2008

did i just get slapped in the face or something? how'd my name get brought up again?

Comment

• palitoy
                        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                        • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Blue Meanie
                        I understand your question/thread...but unfortunately it's not gonna change anything.
                        Of course not, we're total unreasonable dicks.

And on the first four pages of the market place it averages 1-2 non mego posts, hardly a dumping ground, hardly something that should frustrate even the most sensitive of "old timers". You paint a very bleak portrait of the museum anymore.
                        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                          Moderation Engineer
                          • Aug 14, 2003

If you guys would just take my suggestion and make it a rule that every paragraph have the word "mego" in it at least twice you wouldn't have so many problems. But nooooooooooo, nobody ever listens to ol' Steve.

Comment

• GreenLantern9999
                            GL of Mego Sector
                            • Oct 8, 2007

Wow *mego* this *mego* thread *mego* is *mego* cool *mego* I *mego* love *mego* Mego *mego* stuff *mego* in *mego* General *mego* anything *mego* that *mego* is *mego* inspired *mego* is *mego* cool *mego* with *mego* me *mego* I *mego* hope *mego* this *mego* is *mego* Mego *mego* enough *mego* for *mego* me *mego* not *mego* to *mego* be *mego* yelled *mego* at *mego* *mego
                            No body takes pot shots at Lubic! Good Journey

Comment

• Brown Bear
                              Still Old School
                              • Feb 14, 2008

The few customs I've made have been done with the intention of making it as Mego "would have" done one....that being said, I still enjoy and welcome all customs b/c they're so darn cool.

Personally I enjoy the for Mego-ey ones.
                              Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                                Banned
                                • Jun 23, 2001

Originally posted by palitoy
                                Of course not, we're total unreasonable dicks.

And on the first four pages of the market place it averages 1-2 non mego posts, hardly a dumping ground, hardly something that should frustrate even the most sensitive of "old timers". You paint a very bleak portrait of the museum anymore.

I'm not painting any picture. The reason why I brought it up was because the problems/question with the marketplace that I have had and some others have had was similar to the problem/question that Roy brought up in this thread.

Here's the problem in a nutshell:

The FS/FT/Wanted posts tend to disappear that have actual "Mego" content in them when someone wants to sell there, for example, Star Wars or GI JOE or Playamtes Trek stuff...or on some occassions used DVD's. All I EVER said was that there should be a separte Marketplace for NON MEGO items...or there should be some sort of Icon that separates MEGO stuff from non Mego stuff.

All I am saying and said was "It is what it is..." That's it. I didn't call anyone any names and I didn't make any derogatory comments about the museum.

Here's a suggestion...and I am serious about this suggestion...maybe some sections of the museum need to be either combined or gotten rid of completely. Then there could be some sort of re-structuring of some portions of the museum. Again, this is only a suggestion. What do you think?

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎