X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

1971 Hasbro GI Joe Adventure Team Catalog

My earliest memories of action figures are Hasbro's GI Joe Adventure team, I would spend hours staring at those wishbook pages, drooling at those fuzzy faced guys having adventures.

The sights of these toys are so hard-wired in my brain, they're pure happiness.

That's why I'm excited to be showcasing the 1971 Hasbro GI Joe Adventure team catalog, full of helicopters, snakes, sharks, mummies and spies!

Please enjoy the 1971 Hasbro GI Joe Adventure Team Catalog.

Check out our Instagram

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Wow, gorgeous stuff. I envy you older folks (or folks with older brothers) who knew these Joes in your youth.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• rykerw1701
      Persistent Member
      • Aug 27, 2007

Thank you for posting this! Really cool. Each Christmastime, my mother used to make me rank how much I wanted each GI Joe item from the Century Catalog store. I'd change that rank a dozen times. Megos I got at a Mom & Pop toy store, but GI Joe's came from what I marked in those catalogs for years.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
        Museum Paramedic
        • Aug 31, 2005

I only knew these as a kid because a friends mom used to pick them up for him at flea markets. It was mainly Adventure Team. She even picked up vehicles and playsets. I was fascinated with the AT rubber SCUBA suits.

Also, the civil defense in Evansville gave away 60s GI Joes at some of their meetings. A guy who worked with my mother picked up the Marine for me. It was minty. Santa left him in my stocking on Christmas morning. That was around 1980.

- Ian
        Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• Protestari
          • Sep 1, 2017

I own a set of Adventure team figures from the Kung Fu Grip era.
          Action Figure Nostalgic since the 1970's. Battlestar Galactica 1978 Classic Fan.

Six Million Dollar Man Fan and Co-Host of The Atari 5200 Podcast http://theatari5200superpodcast.libs...new-beginnings

Comment

• Protestari
            • Sep 1, 2017

Does Rack Toys come in a PDF or another digital Version? Dont own a kindle device. Thanks.
            Action Figure Nostalgic since the 1970's. Battlestar Galactica 1978 Classic Fan.

Six Million Dollar Man Fan and Co-Host of The Atari 5200 Podcast http://theatari5200superpodcast.libs...new-beginnings

Comment

• jwyblejr
              galactic yo-yo
              • Apr 6, 2006

Never seen a Talking Commander with a red beard.

Comment

• Klosterheim
                Persistent Member
                • Mar 23, 2013

Those Joes always seem to have a purpose, always a good mission to go on.

Comment

• trekercollecter
                  Museum Patron
                  • May 22, 2008

Thanks for the walk down memory lane. TC

Comment

• Marvelmania
                    A Ray of Sunshine
                    • Jun 17, 2001

I could look at all that Joe stuff every day and never get tired of it.

Comment

• VintageJoe70
                      Veteran Member
                      • Oct 12, 2016

Its weird, I always see early pics of the Jungle Survival set pictured with that yellow backpack and the entrenching tool, but the set ended up not coming with either piece...Prototype photo maybe??...
                      https://www.flickr.com/photos/148083...57673799016342

Comment

• Neutron X
                        Persistent Member
                        • Dec 22, 2007

Originally posted by VintageJoe70
                        Its weird, I always see early pics of the Jungle Survival set pictured with that yellow backpack and the entrenching tool, but the set ended up not coming with either piece...Prototype photo maybe??...
                        All 6 Prototypes pictured on top of page. Demolition has painted handles, Fantastic Freefall has Gijoe Racecar helmet, Karate has hand written karate book and mat, Jungle survival has(Lone Ranger?)backpack, and 3 items I can't ID,Emergency Rescue has Mine detector harness painted white,Bolt Cutters not issued in set, unique oxygen mask, Undercover Agent has Gilbert James Bond mask and Marx Mike Hazard accessory.

I have wondered what happened at Hasbro to get such a rush for these items. Don't get me wrong I like what I see but not really up to Hasbro's standards. Maybe AT sales were promising and there was a rush to get more product out?

Comment

• VintageJoe70
                          Veteran Member
                          • Oct 12, 2016

Originally posted by Neutron X
                          All 6 Prototypes pictured on top of page. Demolition has painted handles, Fantastic Freefall has Gijoe Racecar helmet, Karate has hand written karate book and mat, Jungle survival has(Lone Ranger?)backpack, and 3 items I can't ID,Emergency Rescue has Mine detector harness painted white,Bolt Cutters not issued in set, unique oxygen mask, Undercover Agent has Gilbert James Bond mask and Marx Mike Hazard accessory.

I have wondered what happened at Hasbro to get such a rush for these items. Don't get me wrong I like what I see but not really up to Hasbro's standards. Maybe AT sales were promising and there was a rush to get more product out?
                          Wow, that's pretty good, I never even noticed the stuff in the other sets...I just focused on the Jungle Survival...
                          https://www.flickr.com/photos/148083...57673799016342

Comment

• palitoy
                            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                            • Jun 16, 2001

Wow, I didn't know any of that either. Learning is fun!
                            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎