X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brazoo
    Permanent Member
    • Feb 14, 2009

Originally posted by jimbutsu
    I don't know, dude, Zamunda was pretty nice...
    Haha - true. Zamunda was nice. I guess more for the royal family than anyone else.

Comment

• cjefferys
      Duke of Gloat
      • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by Brazoo
      Also - you're kinda talking about the soundtrack and the score like they're the same thing. The music in the trailer isn't necessarily the score. IMDb credits Ludwig Göransson with the movie's score - and it's likely we haven't heard a lot of it yet in the trailers.

Marvel has been sourcing pop music for trailers for nearly every one of their movies more and more - especially after "Guardians of the Galaxy".
      Yep, it's common for trailers to feature music (very often pop songs) that isn't in the film itself, either for marketing purposes or because the film's actual soundtrack hasn't been nailed down yet. I'm sure there will be plenty of orchestral music in Black Panther, along with some hip-hop stuff, but not necessarily the song(s) featured in the trailer(s). Actually, I was disappointed that "Fox on the Run" was only in the GOTG2 trailer but not the film (love that song!). OTOH, I wasn't expecting "The Immigrant Song" to be in Ragnarok, but only the trailer, but was pleasantly surprised.

Comment

• Brazoo
        Permanent Member
        • Feb 14, 2009

Originally posted by cjefferys
        Actually, I was disappointed that "Fox on the Run" was only in the GOTG2 trailer but not the film (love that song!).
        Me too!!!

THE SWEET

Comment

• BATMAN89
          Mego obsessed!!!
          • Jul 20, 2010

Rap music ruins everything.
          Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
          My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• pmwasson
            Maker
            • Sep 12, 2007

As this is the most successful superhero movie ever in domestic gross, I think the filmmakers knew what they were doing in all aspectects, including the soundtrack and choice of music.

I recently listened to a podcast that interviewed the composer of the sound track. It's a cool podcast where they take apart a song and talk about the different components and then they put it all together in the end. The podcast is here -> http://songexploder.net/black-panther
            sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

Just passed Titanic domestically.

Black Panther second only to the Avengers movies as far as comic book movies go...

Adjusted for inflation or not...still an amazing accomplishment for a B-list superhero.
              sigpic

Comment

• Hedji
                Citizen of Gotham
                • Nov 17, 2012

So I'm sitting in my Doctor's office and she asks me if I'm excited for Infinity War. We have a great relationship, and she happens to be African American. Then she asks me if I saw Black Panther.

And then she basically stated Dwayne's initial post almost word for word! We both agreed that the marketing music made no sense and she was actually angry about it, and we also both agreed the final score was triumphant, lush, unusual, and perfect for the character and environment.

This thread is now Doctor Approved!

Comment

• Brown Bear
                  Still Old School
                  • Feb 14, 2008

I haven’t seen it yet. Nothing to do with race or soundtrack (tho not a fan if it is hip hop). It’s basically because “who the heck is Black Panther?!”
                  I never read his comics growing up and have zero interest in the character. I never saw the first Thor movie either because I never liked the character.
                  It bugs me that any success or failure or music choice, etc all comes back to the race card. I don’t care to see a White Panther movie either.
                  I’ll probably watch it at some point but I’m one of the few that wasn’t impressed by the trailer. Kind of surprised it’s done so well.
                  Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Brazoo
                    Permanent Member
                    • Feb 14, 2009

Well, personal taste is always subjective, but I think by this point it's fairly difficult to argue that the movie's marketing didn't work well.

Comment

• Hector
                      el Hombre de Acero
                      • May 19, 2003

I have not seen Black Panther...not because I’m hating on it...no...I’m just tired of spending $30 checking out flicks at the theater. $18 for an IMAX showing...and $12 for stale popcorn and watered down fountain soda.

I didn’t see Last Jedi at the theater either, but enjoyed it via Redbox...it only cost me $2 for a Blu-ray rental.

I’m sure Black Panther will be a fun and entertaining movie, but I’m only paying $2 to watch it.

Not crazy about any of The Avengers movies. That goes for Iron Man as well. Captain America is the best series of the bunch. I’m getting really tired of the X-Men. Spidey Homecoming felt like a CW show. Dr Strange was good, but a tad boring. Thor Ragnarok was fun but a bit too silly (trying to emulate Deadpool’s comedy). But don’t see me as a Marvel hater...as I loved Logan and the before-mentioned Deadpool. And by all time favorite Marvel movies are Guardians of the Galaxy...and that’s the reason I’m going to the movies to check out Infinity War...because the Guardians are showing up...and of course, Thanos, in all his glory. I think Infinity War is going to be even bigger than Black Panther...it will become the biggest box office superhero movie of all times. Infinity War might make 2 billion dollars worldwide.
                      Last edited by Hector; Apr 11, '18, 2:31 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

• The Bat
                        Batman Fanatic
                        • Jul 14, 2002

I'm with you Hector, Black Panther is a $2.00 rental to me as well. Also not hating on it...I just don't have a strong desire to see it.
                        sigpic

Comment

• LordMudd
                          Persistent Member
                          • Aug 22, 2011

Originally posted by cjefferys
                          Yep, it's common for trailers to feature music (very often pop songs) that isn't in the film itself, either for marketing purposes or because the film's actual soundtrack hasn't been nailed down yet. I'm sure there will be plenty of orchestral music in Black Panther, along with some hip-hop stuff, but not necessarily the song(s) featured in the trailer(s). Actually, I was disappointed that "Fox on the Run" was only in the GOTG2 trailer but not the film (love that song!). OTOH, I wasn't expecting "The Immigrant Song" to be in Ragnarok, but only the trailer, but was pleasantly surprised.
                          I think Immigrant Song was perfect for Thor. The only other Zep, and this would be a stretch, would be Battle of Evermore. Wagner's Ride of the Valkyries would have been good too.

CC.

Comment

• LordMudd
                            Persistent Member
                            • Aug 22, 2011

Heard the Hip Hop in the trailer and was immediately put off, but I saw it anyway and I don't remember hearing any hip hop during the movie.

CCC.

Comment

• Marvelmania
                              A Ray of Sunshine
                              • Jun 17, 2001

Don't know about anyone else but a movie's soundtrack never made me see or not see any movie in my life. It's a superhero movie, not a musical. Ridiculous.

Comment

• palitoy
                                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                                • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Marvelmania
                                Don't know about anyone else but a movie's soundtrack never made me see or not see any movie in my life. It's a superhero movie, not a musical. Ridiculous.
                                Yeah, my prejudice against a music style has never motivated me not to see a film. I mean, I wouldn't be thrilled if Shazam had a soundtrack filled with "nickelback" and country music but i'd still see it.

Originally posted by Brazoo
                                Well, personal taste is always subjective, but I think by this point it's fairly difficult to argue that the movie's marketing didn't work well.
                                Heh, my son had all his friends over on Saturday, I couldn't help but notice how much hip hop was coming out of the basement. I think they knew their audience.
                                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎