Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

I like this take on the Superhero genre. It deals with Black Lightning family kinda like how the Blue Bloods series changed up the typical cop shows by dealing with a family that is all connected to NYPD. I like who they picked for Tobias Whale and included his comic book henchmen Joey Toledo & Syonide along with the 100. Even though this take place in "Freedomland" instead of Metropolis' Suicide Slums they did include Inspector Henderson. Who else will show up in the show is going to be a mystery but I plan on watching this series.

black-lightning2.jpg
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• WannabeMego
      Made in the USA
      • May 2, 2003

Originally posted by johnnystorm
      Thought it was ok, we'll see after it settles in. I liked the actor playing BL, the teenage girls are annoying.
      Took the Words right out-of-my-mouth on this one...ugh
      Everyone is Entitled to MY Opinion...Your's, not so much!

Comment

• emeraldknight47
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 20, 2011

Watched the first two episodes and I actually found myself rather enjoying them, despite the extremely clunky Black Lightning “armor.” I would say that it definitely ranks as being one of the CW’s grittiest and most violent superhero shows. His daughters are annoying (and the youngest one a little dense), but if I can tolerate Lana on Smallville and Iris on The Flash, surviving them is eazy-peazy.
        sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• enyawd72
          Maker of Monsters!
          • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by emeraldknight47
          Watched the first two episodes and I actually found myself rather enjoying them, despite the extremely clunky Black Lightning “armor.” I would say that it definitely ranks as being one of the CW’s grittiest and most violent superhero shows. His daughters are annoying (and the youngest one a little dense), but if I can tolerate Lana on Smallville and Iris on The Flash, surviving them is eazy-peazy.
          I liked the second episode more than the first...again, my major complaint is I find Principal Jefferson much more interesting than Superhero Jefferson. The Black Lightning scenes are the worst part of the show...if that makes any sense.

Comment

• comicmike
            Persistent Member
            • Sep 22, 2009

I like it. I'm up to ep.3 on warch*series: it's a good love letter to the original comic series' tone. I feel for the multiple levels of violence and power-structures in the writing and mood. IMO, the bulkier BL costume camouflages Jefferson's physique. I like the Jefferson-Lynn interplay. I think Jones is well-cast and believable as Whale. Anissa's personality is strong for independence, changes in her maturity, and keeping her own secrets. I liked her nod to Catwoman, and how her character unfolded when she discovered her Thunder powers. I'm looking forward to how Gambi will come into play with Thunder's new costume; and the Gambi foreshadowing that finally emerged. I thought Jennifer being affected by Khalil's conflict at the end of ep3 was sensitively written. I'm guessing it will be a while 'til Jennifer becomes Lightning.

Last edited by comicmike; Feb 3, '18, 9:00 PM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Tony Isabella is getting a credit and I hope some swag with it. He deserves it.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎