Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Cotswold is such a blessing. And I've been a Joe Club member for about 20 years, they have produced some excellent AT and vintage-styled sets.
    Last edited by PNGwynne; Jan 19, '18, 8:16 PM.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by PNGwynne
      Cotswold is such a blessing. And I've been a Joe Club member for about 20 years, they have produced some excellent AT and vintage-styled sets.
      I see the Joe club is ending after this year. I guess Hasbro greed is the issue? I was just thinking about finally joining, too. The b/w 64 sets were interesting.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

I dropped my membership with the club several years ago but I understood that Hasbro was going to do their own thing and that is why the GIJCC is closing down

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

I custom built a display case over my office area to display my AT stuff(or some of it at least)
          here is a shot before I filled it and before I added plexi glass to keep dust out
          DSCF4343.jpg
          DSCF4344.jpg

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Yes, my understanding is 2018 is the last year for the Savage club. I'm not sure of the reason, but I've heard it's Hasbro. Lol as if they care about 1/6 collectors.

I've been pleased with the club, although once in a while the manufacturing is sloppy. I like the membership figures, and most of the (few) convention sets I've purchased have been nice. Last year's--the Marine Jungle Fighter and AT Jungle Survival--was excellent.

I'm looking forward to the B&W Joe and the last con set.
            Last edited by PNGwynne; Jan 20, '18, 8:35 AM.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
              Muddling through
              • Oct 4, 2008

here is my display case as it stands now
              IMG_0551.jpg
              IMG_0552.jpg

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

That's a great collection and case--pretty large to hold an expanded HQ.

Comment

• Protestari
                  • Sep 1, 2017

So far all 5 Adventure team figures with KFG, The Talking Commander with KFG, Gi Joe Club Talking Commanders white & black with the plastic hands. And repro boxes for them all.
                  Action Figure Nostalgic since the 1970's. Battlestar Galactica 1978 Classic Fan.

Six Million Dollar Man Fan and Co-Host of The Atari 5200 Podcast http://theatari5200superpodcast.libs...new-beginnings

Comment

• Makernaut
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 22, 2015

Nice collection of Joes you have there, Nostalgiabuff! I like the case and how you have them set up in it, too.
                    Last edited by Makernaut; Jan 20, '18, 7:22 PM.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                      Muddling through
                      • Oct 4, 2008

thank you. that's only a fraction of my Joe collection but pretty much all I still have out on display. except I do have the mummy's tomb set and sea wolf in a different display case

Comment

• Makernaut
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 22, 2015

I don't have a good place to display my Joes, at the moment, but I did go get them out of storage to take some photos to post later in the week. They are all re-releases from early to mid-2000s, but they have been fun to collect.

Comment

• rykerw1701
                          Persistent Member
                          • Aug 27, 2007

My display case is a series of large moving boxes and shoe boxes in my basement. Doesn't look all that impressive, actually.

I gotta get on this so I can enjoy the Joe stuff I've kept or procured over the years.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎