X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Makernaut
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 22, 2015

What GI Joe Lines Are You Collecting?

I got into GI Joe collecting in 2007 when Walmart had the 5 Adventure Team figures. I managed to track down all 5 of that wave ( I still can't believe the retail price was $9.99 each....what a bargain). After that, I managed to get the reproduction Soldier/Sailor/Airman/Marine all from eBay for fairly reasonable prices (this was just before Walmart carried those). I think those would have all been from the 40th Anniversary line. Also, picked up some stuff from the Timeless Collection like the Talking Action Pilot, Perilous Rescue, Military Police, and Action Sailor along with a Mercury Astronaut from the Classic Collection.

The only vintage stuff I have is a footlocker and an early, boxed Space Capsule. The box and capsule are really nice (box still has the store price sticker on the top $6.89 !), but some of the Astronaut uniform and equipment pieces are missing, along with the instructions and 45 soundtrack record. My footlocker has the tray, but most of the equipment pieces are missing.

Now, I am kind of interested in some of the re-imagined/reproduction pieces and uniforms that Cotswold is selling for the FALCON and Atomic Man lines.

What is everyone else collecting?
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

I stick with the 60's line, Partial to the soldier line one boxed and one in full combat gear and a complete locker, but do have a Scramble Pilot and Deep Sea Diver that I keep too.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

I collect the AT era as that is what I grew up with. I have a pretty extensive collection, although most sets are missing pieces. I always figure as long as it displays well, who cares if something is missing. if I find the part great, if not, no biggie

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

I grew up with the AT stuff too. I do remember getting a boxed Sailor tho really early in my life. I thought it would be a frogman inside the box. Bummer for a 4 yr old.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

I collect newer stuff (AM/Joe 40th, Timeless) augmented with some vintage items to make customs. I have some vintage vehicles and the AT HQ.

Most recently, I've been buying Geyper muscle figures and using them to build a set of 1/6 Super Joes. Loucoporbonecos offers great clothing for this.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Makernaut
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 22, 2015

Originally posted by PNGwynne
            Most recently, I've been buying Geyper muscle figures and using them to build a set of 1/6 Super Joes. Loucoporbonecos offers great clothing for this.
            That's what I have been looking at on Cotswold's site. The LoucoPorBonecos stuff is super-cool and it makes me want to mix and match from here and there to cobble together my own cherry-picked line of Space Adventure figures.

https://www.gijoeelite.com/LoucoPorB...g_404-0-1.html

Comment

• drquest
              ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
              • Apr 17, 2012

60's Joes, military era, 1969 Adventure's of and 1970's Adventure Team. I also enjoy the early 1970's Takara New Joes. I don't collect any newer Joe stuff, but have a few club exclusives.
              Danny(Drquest)
              Captain Action HQ
              Retro shirts and stuff
              More retro shirts
              Stuff For Sale

Comment

• cjefferys
                Duke of Gloat
                • Apr 23, 2006

I'll probably be the odd man out as the main Joe line I collect is Super Joe. And it's mostly an uphill battle as I need to find figures that have been repaired/restored.

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

I love the Adventure Team, the Super Adventure Team, Super Joes and the Spacey Falcon figures.

Oh and I have some Action Man stuff.

Not into 60s or 80s Joe, although I did play with RAH, I just don't need another thing....
                  Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                    Muddling through
                    • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by cjefferys
                    I'll probably be the odd man out as the main Joe line I collect is Super Joe. And it's mostly an uphill battle as I need to find figures that have been repaired/restored.
                    SuperJoe was awesome and I did build an almost complete collection(literally). the only suit I never found was the black commander....hell finding a black SJ in and of itself is a chore in patience. great line and very imaginative. I sold off the command center and Terron and some of my duplicates of figures. some of them to members here, so it's cool to see them occasionally when people post pictures of their collections

Comment

• rche
                      channeling Bob Wills
                      • Mar 26, 2008

I would love to have a 69 adventures of set.
                      I was enjoying the club figures for modern Joes a few years back. I still think those would be a fun display.
                      For my growing up vintage era, I am an AT guy with a fondness for the muscle body and eagle eye figures.

Comment

• Frank
                        Veteran Member
                        • May 2, 2009

1960s, 1970s AT guys, and the 80s/early 90s 3 3/4 guys.

Comment

• HardyGirl
                          Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                          • Apr 3, 2007

I love the Adventure Team. Even though I have other 12" Joes, I put them in the AT, simply b/c that's all I could find at the time. This includes Hall Of Fame, GI Joe Collection SAS figure, The New Adventures of GI Joe, (that redid the Mummy's Tomb and Space Adventure) and knock-offs like the RDF (Rapid Deployment Force) figures. I have the AT HQ, several Turbo Copters, 2 ATVs and 4 toy footlockers full off accessories and uniforms.
                          "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                          'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                          Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                          If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Ninersphan1
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jul 27, 2009

I collect AT guys, whether vintage, or "New era (2003-2009ish), Club Figures or figures I cobble together with sets and bodies from Cotswold Collectibles (thank GOD for them).

Comment

• Werewolf
                              Inhuman
                              • Jul 14, 2003

Nothing right now but I collected the heck out of the 25th anniversary RAH line.
                              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎