X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rykerw1701
    Persistent Member
    • Aug 27, 2007

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
    yeah, the Deep Sea Diver is cool. repackaged several times for different sets but that was a really cool, imaginative set to play with. too bad the inside of the body suits all dry rotted over the decades.
    Yeah they are a bit of a mess, but they display well because the rot was on the inside. The scuba suits are almost all garbage at this point. Really, Hasbro should have had the foresight to know we'd care 50 years later. In all fairness, I'm amazed the stuff has held up as well as it has.

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Regular old Adventure Team bearded Joe in an orange scuba suit was my spirit animal in 1974.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

yeah, the Deep Sea Diver is cool. repackaged several times for different sets but that was a really cool, imaginative set to play with. too bad the inside of the body suits all dry rotted over the decades.
        You can strip out the dried rubber with a soak in Oxy Clean. I lucked out and found one nice one so far. Still soft like a balloon inside.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• warlock664
          Persistent Member
          • Feb 15, 2009

Deep Sea Diver, hands down.
          I coveted the "Eight Ropes of Danger" AT set as a youngster, but never got one. I ended up buying a vintage 60s Joe set in the early 90s, and then bought the modern sets (the Eight Ropes re-issue as well as the Diecast Timeless Collection set). Just an incredibly cool set.

Comment

• Vermillion-Windmere
            • Oct 2, 2012

Land Adventurer!

Comment

• enyawd72
              Maker of Monsters!
              • Oct 1, 2009

Destro. Guy has a chrome head. Tough to beat.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                galactic yo-yo
                • Apr 6, 2006

I'm liking the Combat Joe Godzilla figure. You get a Joe to dress up as Godzilla,what's not to love?

Comment

• rche
                  channeling Bob Wills
                  • Mar 26, 2008

Combat Joe as Goji is one of my favorite displays. Post the original issue of Combat Joe, there were a few different versions along with a Gamera and Gyaos from RAH. Awesome toys.

Comment

• palitoy
                    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                    • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by jwyblejr
                    I'm liking the Combat Joe Godzilla figure. You get a Joe to dress up as Godzilla,what's not to love?
                    I got one of those, that whole concept is magical
                    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

that one was my favorite when I was a 13 year old kid
                      I really liked Scarlet as a character but Snake Eyes got a WAY better action figure. I thought it was awesome that he came with Timber. Loved the figures with the pets.
                      Last edited by Werewolf; Jan 18, '18, 3:24 PM.
                      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Neutron X
                        Persistent Member
                        • Dec 22, 2007

For me it's the Kung fu Grip Sea Adventurer and Sea Wolf Submarine! Had a great time with them growing up!

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                          Muddling through
                          • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by Werewolf
                          I really liked Scarlet as a character but Snake Eyes got a WAY better action figure. I thought it was awesome that he came with Timber. Loved the figures with the pets.
                          Scarlett was a cool character in concept, but I always thought the head sculpt really sucked on that one.

although I certainly had plenty of the RAH figures, I really was always a 12" AT fan. it was just by the early 80's they could not be had anymore, at least short of tag sales, or flea markets, so I was tuck with the little Joe's like everyone else, and the few surviving 12" Joes I still had

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Neutron X
                            For me it's the Kung fu Grip Sea Adventurer and Sea Wolf Submarine! Had a great time with them growing up!
                            I like the way you think! The Sea Wolf is the one vintage item I still covet, but it seems difficult to find a nice affordable one.
                            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• SAS-KY
                              • Jun 12, 2014

I grew up with the Adventure Team GI Joes. Bulletman was my last Joe I got as a kid. Still primarily a vintage 12 inch collector, but have gotten into Super Joe and now run the 3D Super Joe website.

Steve

Comment

• Ninersphan1
                                Veteran Member
                                • Jul 27, 2009

Fuzz Heads all the way. The Commander, Land Adventurer, Air Adventurer, Sea Adventurer and of course they need to have the best toy of all time IMHO, The Mobile Support Vehicle!!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎