X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bravestarr
    Museum Super Collector
    • Mar 26, 2017

Masters of the Universe 1987 teaser

still love this teaser and film thread was started about a new version starting film soon any fans?
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Frank Langella is brilliant in that and Meg Foster as Evil-Lyn is also very good. With a larger budget, and had they stayed on Eternia, the movie could have been a lot better. Still fun.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Bravestarr
      Museum Super Collector
      • Mar 26, 2017

Originally posted by Werewolf
      Frank Langella is brilliant in that and Meg Foster as Evil-Lyn is also very good. With a larger budget, and had they stayed on Eternia, the movie could have been a lot better. Still fun.
      This version looks better and better after the news of the new version

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

This movie was a huge disappointment to me at the time. I had been out of MOTU for about a year, but was hoping this would rekindle my love for the line. Nope. There's quite a bit to like about it (mostly Langella), but the budget-decision to come to Earth and all the changes still make it more of a "meh" than a "yay" to me. I know some folks love it. I can watch it from time to time, but it reminds me of a big screen version of most of Marvel's TV adaptations of the time, close in some respects, but lacking the spark of the source material.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

I still remember going to Kaybee looking for MOTU movie figures and being disappointed in no movie Skeletor or He-Man. I have a fondness for the movie but I'm honest enough to admit I was disappointed in it at the time and if you remove Langella's Skeletor from it the movie would become pretty much unwatchable.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Bruce Banner
            HULK SMASH!
            • Apr 3, 2010

I do have an enduring fondness for the movie... Langella's performance is truly exemplary.
            I was disappointed that Goddard decided they should veer so far from the MOTU aesthetic, but there's still a lot to like in there.
            PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• enyawd72
              Maker of Monsters!
              • Oct 1, 2009

When this movie came out I thought it was the greatest thing ever. I had all the posters, the souvenir magazine, the Panini sticker album...Frank Langella and Meg Foster alone make it great. I really liked Beast Man also...my only real disappointment was no Mer-Man.

Bill Conti's score is amazing too.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎