Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU movie allegedly to start filming this April for a December 2019 release.

Quote Originally Posted by palitoy View Post
    So, let me poll you guys because i;m curious.

What is the Ideal MOTU movie for fans?
    based on the filmation cartoon?
    the booklets?
    the 2003 toon?
    something completely new?

Totally curious, He-Man isn't quite as linear as GI Joe or transformers, so i wonder if you're all on the same page.
    See my post above yours.

Images
    So, let me poll you guys because i;m curious.

based on the filmation cartoon?
    the booklets?
    the 2003 toon?
    something completely new?

Totally curious, He-Man isn't quite as linear as GI Joe or transformers, so i wonder if you're all on the same page.

My preference: Primarily the original mini-comics, with some elements of the 2002 reboot cartoon. And maybe a little of what DC have done with the comic book license in recent years.
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_T7BhcH-_Lqw/Rph52zHLjQI/AAAAAAAAAWY/IRQJUp3saOs/s200/Hulk.jpg

Looking for one CAH Mego Comic Activator (working or non working).

I'm open to wiggle room as far as tone goes, but character designs need to be colorful, just like Enyawd72 posted. I can only take characters like Skeletor, Stinkor, and Ram Man so seriously. So I'd err on the side of tongue in cheek, with a heavy dose of melodrama, humor, and grand scale awesomeness.
    SELL ME YOUR LOOSE MINTY WONDER WOMAN!

Images
    It has to use Filmation as the starting point. It's the most popular, iconic and mainstream recognizable version. When the majority of people think of He-Man and Skeletor, they picture the Filmation He-Man shouting "I have the power!" in John Erwin's booming voice and Alan Oppenheimer's sarcastic cackling Skeletor. They don't use the early mini comic versions in commercials, like the Geico one, to hit people with nostalgia. The Filmation MOTU is part of pop culture.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Blog Entries
    I agree that the cartoon resonates well with the general public but i have met fans who despise the cartoon, just wondering if that was a big thing or an isolated group,

Images
    I agree that the cartoon resonates well with the general public but i have met fans who despise the cartoon, just wondering if that was a big thing or an isolated group,
    It's a very vocal minority.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Images
    Blog Entries
    If they despise the cartoon, then why even be a fan of MOTU? Its an integral part of it, and put it on the map.
    Planet Earth is Blue

Blog Entries
    Ah ok, I really didn;t have a bearing on that one.

I kind of agree that the worry here would be if the director was somehow embarrassed to be making a He-Man film.

That's how i felt watching the GI Joe movie.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderbolt View Post
    If they despise the cartoon, then why even be a fan of MOTU? Its an integral part of it, and put it on the map.
    well, it was a really nice looking toy line with little booklets and a DC comic before that cartoon. I remember thinking it was pretty neat stuff then when the cartoon rolled around I thought "Oh no this is for little kids" and changed my tune.

Images
    I kind of agree that the worry here would be if the director was somehow embarrassed to be making a He-Man film.

That's how i felt watching the GI Joe movie.
    Yes! Exactly. I felt the same way. They had obvious contempt for the source material.