Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 1 of 8 1236 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU movie allegedly to start filming this April for a December 2019 release.

Images

MOTU movie allegedly to start filming this April for a December 2019 release.

I'll believe it when I see it.

https://www.cbr.com/he-man-masters-u...s-spring-2018/

There's been talks of a MOTU movie reboot for ages.

David S. Goyer is now threatening to direct. Because he couldn't just do depressing DC movies. He, obviously, had to do a joyless and grim dark MOTU movie too. But wait there's more! It's rumored Skeletor won't even be in it. Brilliant! Honestly, this would depress me more if I thought there was a chance in heck this will actually get done before Sony's rights run out at the end of 2019.
    Last edited by Werewolf; Jan 16, '18 at 12:10 AM. Reason: typos
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Images
    Oh for Pete's sake. I have never understood why anyone would take a licensed property and mangle it so that you might as well come up with your own idea and do that as a film.

Let's hope this dies on the vine again.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Images
    how could they do a He-Man movie without Skeletor. hopefully that is just a rumor

Hope it's done right still love the1987 version

Images
    He-Man should be a Flash Gordon-esque romp... embrace all the craziness of the property and have fun with it (without too much winking at the camera).

And throw in a post-credits scene where He-Man shares a lesson... "In today's story..."

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sprytel View Post
    He-Man should be a Flash Gordon-esque romp... embrace all the craziness of the property and have fun with it
    Spot on.

That reminds me, MOTU is often described as Star Wars mixed with Conan but it actually has far more in common with Flash Gordon than SW. Just look at the designs of many of the iconic MOTU vehicles like the Wind Raider, Battle Ram and Talon Fighter. I don't see any SW influences in those but I definitely see some FG.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Images
    I cannot imagine that this would be made in a way that I'd enjoy it or that it'd bear any resemblance to the He-man I loved as a kid. They'd ruin it like they ruined Lone Ranger, CHiPS, Superman and others.

Because the two Gi Joe films were so much fun? Haven't they learned to stick close to what made the characters and aesthetics so endearing?
    SELL ME YOUR LOOSE MINTY WONDER WOMAN!

If I had the money I'd finance a MOTU movie on my own and it would be the greatest thing ever seen by human eyes.

Somebody with vision needs to realize MOTU is a cinematic goldmine. It has the best elements of everything...superheroes, sci-fi, horror and fantasy. Colorful characters, an epic battle between good and evil...it's all there, just waiting for the right person to bring it to life. But it HAS to be fun. It HAS to be colorful. Imagine Skeletor's army advancing on Castle Grayskull in gigantic red and black Spydor robots...Roton vehicles cutting down everything in their path. The ancient greenish castle framed against a stormy purple sky...basically the entire film should look like a moving Earl Norem painting.

Spydor.jpg

Blog Entries
    So, let me poll you guys because i;m curious.

What is the Ideal MOTU movie for fans?
    based on the filmation cartoon?
    the booklets?
    the 2003 toon?
    something completely new?

Totally curious, He-Man isn't quite as linear as GI Joe or transformers, so i wonder if you're all on the same page.