Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

I’m all for a 30's Noir type Batman myself...
    sigpic

Comment

• enyawd72
      Maker of Monsters!
      • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Hector
      I’m all for a 30's Noir type Batman myself...
      Yeah, that would be great too...the main thing I want to see is the DETECTIVE side of Batman, which I don't feel we've ever seen in live action. I would love to see a Batman minus all the ridiculous tech, just using a simple tool kit and his brain to actually investigate, find clues and solve a real mystery.

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

Agreed...
        sigpic

Comment

• The Re-Rooter
          Veteran Member
          • Jul 13, 2016

I'm probably the only person on the planet who would choose Kevin Conroy. He IS Batman to me in so many ways, I seriously don't care if he's older and not pretty. He's believable. Jon Hamm would also be fantastic, a few years back he did a skit as Lex Luthor and it was perfection. He could pull off just about any comic book character and I'm not even a fan of Mad Men.

-Diana

Comment

• hedrap
            Permanent Member
            • Feb 10, 2009

The obsession with stunt-casting Batman...somethings don't need a "wait and see" approach.

You would think Affleck would have been the learning curve moment as he was too known a personality. He was never Bruce Wayne the character, but more "What If Ben Affleck was Batman". Like insanely expensive cosplay and when a production goes that route, you're on the road to '66. Reeves is a solid director, but he's another bad choice that was grabbed because the studio buzz for War POTA made him a hot commodity.

I don't think Reeves hangs around. Snyder and company were dead once Wan was brought on Aquaman as he's a money-printing machine. WB just handed the DC reins over to the former head of New Line who is Wan's buddy. So if the guy behind Saw, the Conjuring, Insidious and the highest grossing Fast Furious movie wants to control DC and direct Batman, all WB is waiting to see is if he can take a clunker like Moma's Aquadude and make that huge.

Think of the marketing alone: Arkham Asylum, by the creator of Saw and the Conjuring.

Insidious and Saw had a 1.5 million budgets and each grossed 100 million. Or just by studio franchise, Furious 7 made 1.5 Billion on 200 million. War POTA did 500 million on 150 mil budget. That's like a 1,200% return vs 250%.

Wan's record shows Aquaman could challenge Avengers 3 in box office. That's crazy.

Comment

• ScottA
              Original Member
              • Jun 25, 2001

At this rate the kid from Gotham will be old enough to fill the suit.
              sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• WannabeMego
                Made in the USA
                • May 2, 2003

So what is the general feeling of having Joseph Gordon-Levitt take a shot at it then...?
                Everyone is Entitled to MY Opinion...Your's, not so much!

Comment

• The Bat
                  Batman Fanatic
                  • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by WannabeMego
                  So what is the general feeling of having Joseph Gordon-Levitt take a shot at it then...?
                  Personally, I didn't like the TDKR at all, so I'd rather not make that connection...and I'm pretty sure I heard WB(or was it Nolan himself?)say that the Dark Knight Series exists outside of other DC films continuity?

I wish WB would just pick an Unknown instead of a big Hollywood Star...you know, kind of like how we got Chris Reeve as Superman!
                  Last edited by The Bat; Jan 20, '18, 11:29 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Madcap70
                    • Dec 4, 2017

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                    Marvel has forced everyone else to think its got to be an interconnected franchise.
                    So what's wrong with a connected universe?? They both do it in the comics....

Comment

• The Bat
                      Batman Fanatic
                      • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Madcap70

Nothing's wrong with it at all, it's just that DC hasn't been able to cracked Marvel's formula...strike the right balance between light and dark. I think we all want DC to succeed...but Marvel can't seem to be caught, with only a few Box Office under-performer's(Ironman 3, Thor: Dark World).
                      sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Madcap70
                        yeah they do, but you see Universal trying it with its monsters and now Godzilla/King Kong. Hasbro wants to tie all its toy properties together in a cinematic universe as well. Universal bombed with its and DC doesn't seem to know how to do it. Marvel's success isn't just because they are all tied together, its also because of good casting, talented directors and just good movies
                        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                          Muddling through
                          • Oct 4, 2008

I agree a virtual unknown would be best for Batman. keep the big name stunt casting for the villains, who are usually the more fun and colorful characters anyway. but it has to still be a solid script or we end up with Batman & Robin again and the terrible one lines they gave Arnold

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

Gordon-Levitt is a damn good actor, but he’s only 5’ 9”. Affleck is 6’ 4”...so Batman would be shrinking in size considerably.

Gyllenhaal is not quite a six footer himself, 5’ 11”....but still two inches taller than Gordon-Levitt.

One of the reasons I quite couldn’t get into Michael Keaton...no matter how much they tried to fool the audiences into thinking he was a big imposing figure...on many scenes, he looked really odd...such as when he stood side by side with Jack Nicholson...Keaton looked tiny...and not only in height, but overall size...compare each actors’ shoulders...Nicholson looked like a bodybuilder next to him...

Shouldn’t Batman be physically more imposing than the Joker?

sigpic

Comment

• The Bat
                              Batman Fanatic
                              • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Hector
                              Gordon-Levitt is a damn good actor, but he’s only 5’ 9”. Affleck is 6’ 4”...so Batman would be shrinking in size considerably.

Gyllenhaal is not quite a six footer himself, 5’ 11”....but still two inches taller than Gordon-Levitt.

One of the reasons I quite couldn’t get into Michael Keaton...no matter how much they tried to fool the audiences into thinking he was a big imposing figure...on many scenes, he looked really odd...such as when he stood side by side with Jack Nicholson...Keaton looked tiny...and not only in height, but overall size...compare each actors’ shoulders...Nicholson looked like a bodybuilder next to him...

Shouldn’t Batman be physically more imposing than the Joker?

Funny thing is...in that picture Hector, Keating is standing on a box just to make him look as tall as Jack.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                                el Hombre de Acero
                                • May 19, 2003

I agree with a fresh upcoming actor for Batman. Look at Tom Holland, basically unknown before Spider-Man.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎