Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Green Lantern FOUR -- the Age of Amalgam Comics (what could have been)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megowgsh
    Customego HoF Curator
    • Nov 19, 2003

The Green Lantern FOUR -- the Age of Amalgam Comics (what could have been)

The Green Lantern FOUR is all that remains of the intergalactic military/police force formerly known as the Green Lantern Corps. They patrol the farthest reaches of the Universe at the behest of the Guardians, a now extinct race of immortals residing on the planet Oa. The Green Lanterns have been in existence for three billion years, surviving multiple conflicts both internal and foreign. Originally operating amongst the 3600 “sectors” of the universe with over 7200 members, each Green Lantern has a power ring, a weapon granting the use of incredible abilities that are directed by the wearer's own willpower.

Current members include:

Reed Richards a brilliant scientist who makes his home in what is now sector 4 on the planet Elastikos where all humanoids have an elastic ability that allows them to stretch, shift, and re-shape themselves.

Sue Storm who resides in sector 3 on the planet Visibillis where all inhabitants have the ability to bend light rendering themselves invisible.

Ben Grimm protector of sector 2 and native of planet Rukken a planet inhabited by rock people of tremendous strength.

Jim Hammond also known as the Green Flame is the Green Lantern of sector 1 from Vuur planet of fire people.

As the story goes, the alien tyrant Thanos and his forces destroy Coast City (the former home of Dr. Victor Von Doom – Green Lantern of Sector 2814), murdering all of its seven million inhabitants, while Von Doom was off world. Angered, he flies into Engine City and attacks Thanos, eventually knocking him out with Thor's hammer. Von Doom uses his power ring to recreate Coast City as an instrument in the process of overcoming his grief, and talking to ring-created versions of his old girlfriend and parents. After his ring's power expires, a projection of a Guardian appears and admonishes him for using the ring for personal gain and summons him to Oa (the homeworld of the Guardians and the Green Lantern Corps) for disciplinary action. Angered at what he sees as the Guardians' ungrateful and callous behavior, Von Doom absorbs the energy from the Guardian's projection, goes insane and attacks Oa to seize the full power of the Central Power Battery (the source of power for all Green Lanterns), defeating and severely injuring the entire Green Lantern Corps (except for Reed Richards, Sue Storm, Ben Grimm, and Jim Hammond who are occupied in battle against the Weaponers from planet Qward of the antimatter universe) in the process, taking their power rings as his own and leaving them to die in space. He arrives on Oa and kills all the Guardians except for En Dwi Gast, who was protected by the other Guardians and survived without Von Doom's knowledge. He then renounces his life as Green Lantern, adopting the name Dr. Doom after absorbing the Power Battery's vast powers.

Unbekownst to Dr. Doom, En Dwi Gast summons Green Lanterns Richards, Storm, Grimm, and Hammond from the anitmatter universe and informs them of Doom's destruction of Oa and the Green Lantern Corps. The remaining four Corps. Members confront Dr. Doom and defeat him in battle, destroy his power ring, and banish him to the antimatter universe and the planet of Qward. By exiling Dr. Doom to a world ruled by a race of warriors and scientists known as the Weaponers of Qward, who bore a fierce hatred of the Guardians and all Green Lanterns, the remaining Green Lanterns hoped to humble him. However, their attempt at punishment would be a major miscalculation. Dr. Doom believed himself to have been wronged by the Green Lantern Corps. and hated them just as much as the Weaponers of Qward did. Through their mutual hatred of the Guardians, Dr. Doom and the Weaponers became allies, with the Weaponers offering to help Dr. Doom gain revenge on the remaining Green Lanterns.

Creating a yellow power ring for Dr. Doom to use, the Weaponers sent him back to the "positive matter" universe to seek his revenge. Dr. Doom quickly became the Green Lantern's most powerful nemesis, partially due to a weakness in their power rings that prevented them from directly affecting the color yellow.

Despite this, Richard, Storm, Grimm, and Hammond – now known throughout the universe as The Green Lantern Four always find ways to defeat him.

I have wanted to make these customs for almost 20 years and now they are here. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do, and, as always, thanks for looking!!!!

Peace, Love, and Megos!

Austin
    Last edited by megowgsh; Jan 20, '18, 6:36 AM.
    Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms
  • hawkmike
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 15, 2003

Outstanding!
    wanted mego arch reactor

Comment

• BATMAN89
      Mego obsessed!!!
      • Jul 20, 2010

Magnificent!!!
      Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
      My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• wyatterb
        Permanent Member
        • Jul 2, 2001

Sweet!!!

Comment

• Grimjohn
          Persistent Member
          • Feb 28, 2011

Fantastic!!!!
          My Finished Custom Figures

Comment

• hedrap
            Permanent Member
            • Feb 10, 2009

Nice!

What's the basis for the other Torch? Comic accurate?

Comment

• megowgsh
              Customego HoF Curator
              • Nov 19, 2003

Originally posted by hedrap
              Nice!

What's the basis for the other Torch? Comic accurate?
              John Byrne style from the 1995 animated FF series.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Great set, love the removable mask and the Green Torch is really sharp.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• sprytel
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 26, 2009

Yes, the removal mask was definitely the icing on the cake with these.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                    Moderation Engineer
                    • Aug 14, 2003

I completely forgot about Sinestdoom! Man these look good, still loving green Torch but that Doom mask is killer.

Comment

• TrekStar
                      Trek or Treat
                      • Jan 20, 2011

Amazing work and detail as usual, excellent job.

Looks like the Human Torch is ready for St. Patrick's Day.

Comment

• megowgsh
                        Customego HoF Curator
                        • Nov 19, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                        Great set, love the removable mask and the Green Torch is really sharp.
                        CORRECTION! Green FLAME!

Comment

• powersthatbe
                          Persistent Member
                          • Sep 27, 2010

I'm green with envy at how good these came out

Comment

• Gramercyplace
                            Museum Super Collector
                            • Jan 23, 2012

These customs are truly next level awesome. The Green Flame is my fave!

Comment

• palitoy
                              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                              • Jun 16, 2001

this is really cool, i wasn;t aware this was a series.
                              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎