Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chris Evans wouldn’t mind playing Human Torch again in the MarvelCinematicUniverse

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

Chris Evans wouldn’t mind playing Human Torch again in the MarvelCinematicUniverse

Nah, come on man, you already played him in the bad to mediocre ones. You are now the stud Captain America. Also, we don’t want Cap and Torch to be twins, come on now, lol.

Dude, let’s some young actor get a paycheck...you are already filthy rich, don’t be greedy, man.

On a side note, Michael Chiklis want to play Ben Grimm/Thing again...

What’s up with these actors?

Stop it already...

sigpic
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

I'd welcome both actors back. They were perfectly cast.

When I watch Chris Evans in FF, I forget he's also Captain America, and vice versa. He did such a great job in both roles.

BTW...there's only ONE bad FF movie, and those two aren't it. They're very fun and entertaining.

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

I'd rather have Disney start from scratch and go back to the original first few issues of the comic for inspiration. Reed a bit more mature, Johnny a teenager, Ben a loudmouth Yancy Streeter, and den mother Sue trying to keep them together and not kill each other.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• sprytel
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 26, 2009

He's too old now. An important part of the character is his youth. Even by 90210 standards, Chris Evans doesn't look like a teenager.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

No offense to fans or even Chris' opinion, but he's playing the plum role of the MCU. Torch is a step backwards and yes, he's aged out of the role.

Chiklis is welcome anytime, but I'd rather see a new cast. I have two "perfect" FF movies in my head involving a time-warp in the Negative Zone, but they'd never be made.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
            Muddling through
            • Oct 4, 2008

I reallt liked the first two movies but agree he has aged out and it would be too confusing anyway with him being Cap. time for Disney to start from scratch to introduce them to the MCU

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

Chris Evans is dreaming...no way in hell are twins playing both Cap and Torch, lol.

And like you guys said, he’s too old for Johnny Storm now...

Chiklis is dreaming too...
              sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                el Hombre de Acero
                • May 19, 2003

It’s not gonna happen, as totally new actors are going to be cast, but it was fun posting this nevertheless...
                sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

Today’s cynical audiences would laugh at the same actor playing two vastly different superheroes at the same time in the same movie, unless it’s the Wonder Twins, lol...
                  sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

What's against Chiklis? I liked him, and it's a heavily made-up character part.
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Makernaut
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 22, 2015

I thought those two FF movies (while far from perfect) were kind of fun with Evans and Chiklis being the bright spots. (Well, Jessica Alba is easy to look at so there's that, too) I had a really hard time picturing Evans as Cap when he was first cast in the role because Johnny Storm is everything Steve Rogers is not, but Evans pulled both roles off with ease. So he made the jump from Johnny to Steve and it all seems like a no-brainer, now...but no way would that be not be clunky as all get it were he to go back to being Johnny Storm.

I would, however, think it awesome if Chiklis played Ben Grimm once more.

Comment

• Hector
                        el Hombre de Acero
                        • May 19, 2003

Chiklis already had his shot. The FF film/crossover will be a reboot, you don't bring back the previous actors in a reboot, it's that simple. Not gonna happen.
                        sigpic

Comment

• The Bat
                          Batman Fanatic
                          • Jul 14, 2002

This will never happen. But If Chris wants to keep playing Cap, then I be beyond happy.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by The Bat
                            This will never happen. But If Chris wants to keep playing Cap, then I be beyond happy.
                            Agreed...

sigpic

Comment

• Madcap70
                              • Dec 4, 2017

Maybe Chiklis can come back and voice the thing and do the motion capture for the CGI like Ruffalo does with the Hulk

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎