Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your all time favorite playset?

Images
    I always wanted the Fortress of Fangs way back when. Of those I owned, the Super Powers Hall of Justice is narrowly beaten out by Castle Grayskull. What I did was combine toy lines, and in my scenario, Skeletor controlled both Grayskull and Snake Mountain, so from the point I had both they were side by side as the fortress for villainy (before I ever saw or heard of the Eternia playset), and the Hall of Justice was across my play table as a base.

One of my grails has been the Frontier Town for Empire's Legends of the West, which I finally got last year and will get pics up when I get time to set it up.
    Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
    Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

DRAGONRIDERS OF THE STYX
    I'm a big DFC toys collector and I got this for Christmas in 1982 and have been fascinated by the Knights, Demons, Dragons, etc...
    Never get tired of it..
    Last edited by Spawn67; Jan 13, '18 at 11:54 PM.

Images
    I'd like to see that, Falstaff. I have the Lone Ranger Dodge City and I really regret that Mego cancelled their Western playset.

Dragonriders was a great line, I recall the figures but not the ancillary items.
    Last edited by PNGwynne; Jan 13, '18 at 11:58 PM.
    WANTED: POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Images
    Another fav was the LJN Cat's Lair. I used to have one. I accidently dropped it on the floor when I moved it for dusting. Shattered like glass when it hit the floor. You could hear the scream for miles. "NOOOOOOOO!!!!"
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

I remember loving the Bionic Six Secret Headquarters, and always being jealous of my friends that had the Voltron castle.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PNGwynne View Post
    I'd like to see that, Falstaff. I have the Lone Ranger Dodge City and I really regret that Mego cancelled their Western playset.
    I'll get on setting it up and making photographs. The Dodge City is a nice set. The recent posting about Gabriel's Lassie line showed the farmhouse for it, which would make a good display piece for either Gabriel or Marx western figures; I've thought about getting the Waltons general store for Megos. Megos also fit fairly well on the Hal Neednam Stuntman set that Gabriel produced (the Needham Stuntman was 6").
    Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
    Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Images
    Kenner Death Star Space Station, closely followed by the Mego Comic Action Heroes Fortress of Solitude.

Last edited by Bruce Banner; Jan 14, '18 at 7:30 AM.
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_T7BhcH-_Lqw/Rph52zHLjQI/AAAAAAAAAWY/IRQJUp3saOs/s200/Hulk.jpg

Looking for one CAH Mego Comic Activator (working or non working).

We didn’t get many playsets in our family. I don’t know if it was price point or the fact that I had three siblings but my Dad made us a “dollhouse” for our Hall of Justice. Lots of carpet and wallpaper samples for the heroes to chill in, and of course a garage for the Batmobile. So yeah, pretty much my favorite was homemade.

Later, for Kenner Star Wars, we made a rebel base with lots of wooden computer consoles. We’d cut pictures out of the Kenner catalogues to make the displays on the rebel computer screens.

If I had to choose a favorite store bought, I guess I’d choose the Droid Factory (incredible play value when there was no Lego Star Wars.

I also liked my Well of the Souls for Indiana Jones. All those little plastic snakes and the golden ark itself were superb!
    SELL ME YOUR LOOSE MINTY WONDER WOMAN!

Images
    Major Matt Mason space station. I had everything except Captain Lazer because he wasn't scale and even then I was big on scale. I also had all of the Outer Space Men as aliens for my Matt Mason crew to encounter. There was a local grocery store and we were real close friends with the owners. One day they had a tower display for shampoo or something they were taking down and my mom ask what they were doing with it. They were going to throw it out so she ask if she could have it and they loaded it in the car and it came home with us and my space station went on top of it and that was my moon base.

CCC.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedji View Post
    I also liked my Well of the Souls for Indiana Jones. All those little plastic snakes and the golden ark itself were superb!
    That was a great one. I saw some terrific Clash of the Titans customs that used the Well of Souls as Medusa's temple.
    WANTED: POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.