X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

What's your all time favorite playset?

Mine is Castle Grayskull the Fortress of Mystery and Power.

grayskull.JPG
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

Marx Fort Apache.

BEST Playset EVER !!!

Comment

• Brown Bear
      Still Old School
      • Feb 14, 2008

GI Joe Adventure Team Headquarters hands down. I use it as a basis every year for my retro figure Christmas display in my man cave. Tons of memories playing with this.
      Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

I love playsets, this is difficult. I won't deny my admiration for AT HQ, but I only discovered that toy as an adult. All the MOTU sets were cool, I loved Snake Mountain.

For me it's Mego--and the Batcave edges out the Enterprise Bridge in fondness.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
          Museum Paramedic
          • Aug 31, 2005

Super Powers Hall of Justice and the GI Joe RAH headquarters stand out. I know that I’m forgetting something.

Castle Grayskull was pretty darn good. I received it the Christmas after it was released.

Honorable mention goes to the Fisher Price Little People Parking Garage. I remember playing with that for hours on end years earlier. ...I wish I would have had the Comic Action/Pocket Heroes Batcave.

- Ian
          Last edited by EmergencyIan; Jan 13, '18, 9:18 PM.
          Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• EmergencyIan
            Museum Paramedic
            • Aug 31, 2005

I remember the playset that I was forgetting. It’s the Fisher Price Sesame Street Clubhouse. It was part of their Little People line.

- Ian
            Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• J.B.
              Guild Navigator
              • Jun 23, 2010

Mego Batcave.
              You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

Awesome! Those are all great classic playsets.

Anyone else have pictures to share?
                You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

Sectaurs' Hyve and D&D's Fortress of Fangs are great playsets, too.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Man of Action
                    Persistent Member
                    • Oct 26, 2006

Gi joe Adventure Team Headquarters..Under the Christmas Tree in 1972.. Nothing better than setting it up, then launching an Adventure with the team, loading up the jeep, helicopter, 6wheel atv..Hours and hours of play.

Comment

• Falstaff13
                      Persistent Member
                      • May 28, 2008

I always wanted the Fortress of Fangs way back when. Of those I owned, the Super Powers Hall of Justice is narrowly beaten out by Castle Grayskull. What I did was combine toy lines, and in my scenario, Skeletor controlled both Grayskull and Snake Mountain, so from the point I had both they were side by side as the fortress for villainy (before I ever saw or heard of the Eternia playset), and the Hall of Justice was across my play table as a base.

One of my grails has been the Frontier Town for Empire's Legends of the West, which I finally got last year and will get pics up when I get time to set it up.
                      Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
                      Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• Spawn67
                        Career Member
                        • Aug 14, 2009

DRAGONRIDERS OF THE STYX
                        I'm a big DFC toys collector and I got this for Christmas in 1982 and have been fascinated by the Knights, Demons, Dragons, etc...
                        Never get tired of it..
                        Last edited by Spawn67; Jan 13, '18, 11:54 PM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

I'd like to see that, Falstaff. I have the Lone Ranger Dodge City and I really regret that Mego cancelled their Western playset.

Dragonriders was a great line, I recall the figures but not the ancillary items.
                          Last edited by PNGwynne; Jan 13, '18, 11:58 PM.

Comment

• Werewolf
                            Inhuman
                            • Jul 14, 2003

Another fav was the LJN Cat's Lair. I used to have one. I accidently dropped it on the floor when I moved it for dusting. Shattered like glass when it hit the floor. You could hear the scream for miles. "NOOOOOOOO!!!!"

Comment

• justzeg18
                              Career Member
                              • May 5, 2003

I remember loving the Bionic Six Secret Headquarters, and always being jealous of my friends that had the Voltron castle.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎