X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MRP
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 19, 2016

Conan the Barbarian returning to Marvel Comics

Looks like Conan't time at Dark horse is done and he will be returning to Marvle Comics with a new series launching in 2019....

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/01...marvel-comics/

looks like Marvel is planning on putting some top notch artistic talent on the book...

Editor-in-Chief C.B. Cebulski said in the announcement:

“From Barry Windsor-Smith to John Buscema to Neal Adams, a legendary lineup of amazing artists brought Conan to life in the pages of Marvel comics. It’s a legacy we’re now going to live up to with the talent we have lined up for the Cimmerian barbarian’s homecoming in early 2019. We’re excited!”
    I'm kind of excited. While the first Dark Horse series by Kurt Busiek and Cary Nord is perhaps my favorite iteration of Conan in comics and the one that strikes closest to the way he appeared in Howard's stories, I love the Marvel stuff too and the recent stuff form Dark Horse had been lackluster, so I hope this gives Conan the shot int he arm it needs.

-M
    "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

I'd LOVE to see Barry Windsor-Smith draw Conan again!
    sigpic

Comment

• MRP
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 19, 2016

Apparently BWS is done with comics and most publishers are done with him, so I doubt it will happen. How long have we been waiting for him to finish the stories from his Storyteller he promised to do in some format when he cancelled it midstream, and how long has be working on a monster-themed OGN that was supposed to have been published about a decade ago but was on hold until he finished it? He doesn't want to work on a schedule apparently and none of the publishers want to work with him because of it is my understanding.

-M
      "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

^There's also that Superman project that is literally 20 years old this year. A page of it was shown in Les Daniels' Superman 60th Anniversary hardcover book.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎